IT Portfolio Manager
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Harvey Nash Plc
Harvey Nash is now inviting candidates to apply for the role of Business Portfolio Manager, a six month contract working inside of IR35 at a rate of £500 a day. Our client works on a hybrid pattern of onsite/working from home - offices available in Perth, Glasgow and Aberdeen.
Main Purpose of Job
- To establish and nurture the relationship between our clients Business Directorate management team and IT
- To be the primary point of contact between the business directorate and IT for the development of their IT strategy and the portfolio of all development work.
- To understand the business goals and priorities to ensure these are reflected in the IT strategy and proactively support and manage change to ensure that the strategy is kept in line with evolving business needs and priorities.
- To ensure the IT budget is spent effectively to meet business needs but also aligns with the IT strategy and delivers maximum return on investment.
- Manage the development of realistic Benefits case, ensure that these are tracked and delivered against on project closure
- To ensure Governance forums are established to ensure that the portfolio of agreed projects is delivered successfully and declared benefits are achieved
- Have experience of successfully leading IT portfolios in a large organisation.
- Experience of all stages of the IT development life cycle
- Demonstrates a comprehensive breadth and depth of knowledge and experience of working in a complex project environment
- Able to visualise and articulate proposed solutions to business problems provided by design team to business areas
- Excellent Stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Good facilitation skills; enables people to reach agreement and develop work practices - challenges the business and strives to agree best practice
- Ability to work with all levels within the organisation, including senior management and executive
Please submit your CV for consideration.