Senior Infrastructure Engineer - London
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Experis IT
Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Infrastructure Platforms) - Permanent Role
West London, Greater London, South East UK
Microsoft Technologies, Azure Cloud, Windows Servers, Infrastructure as Code/DevOps etc), modern infrastructure concepts, protocols and standards, Active Directory (on-prem/Azure), group policies, various hosting solutions, security, SAN, backup/restore, business continuity and disaster recovery.
Salary: £60,000pa to £65,000pa + Excellent Benefits, Holidays, Pension etc
This client is an established, public service institution with a historical bond to the growth and upgrading of the City of London.
This role will require a mature, seasoned and technically astute Senior Infrastructure Engineer who will work across the whole of the Digital and Innovation portfolio, supporting activity across core IT and technology, customer and digital, and "Smart City" ambitions to make tis are of London a world class City for All.
This will require a proactive and relentless focus on delivery and enabling, with user needs at the heart of the approach taken to improve outcomes for the community.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer could be asked to work in a range of ways, from being part of a Product Team working to iterate a product to continuously improve and meet the needs of our users, to a member of a Project Team using Agile/Waterfall methodologies to deliver agreed outcomes, or a member of a service team delivering against a set of requirements.
Through the way the teams will work the postholder will drive a change to the culture of the organisation as part of the Digital and Innovation portfolio.
Your Technical Experience will need to include:
- Knowledge and experience of modern infrastructure concepts, protocols and standards, including Active Directory (on-prem/Azure), group policies, various hosting solutions, security, SAN, backup/restore, business continuity and disaster recovery
- Expert knowledge and experience of managing cloud services (eg Azure).
- Can enable appropriate models to maintain those future technologies and any services that co-exist in the current environment (eg Infrastructure as Code/DevOps etc)
- An understanding of information security and how to build infrastructure with security controls Embedded
- Knowledge of how excellent service delivery can be delivered effectively in a busy and complex technology environment, with a particular awareness of how infrastructure operates in a corporate environment
- Knowledge of the context of infrastructure support services in local government organisations
- Knowledge of GDPR and cyber security best practice
- Knowledge of cross-government platforms like GOV.UK Pay and Notify
- Previous experience in a senior infrastructure role
- Significant experience of monitoring and reporting performance of systems, platforms and underlying infrastructure
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting cloud and hybrid technologies.
- Experience of delivering structured change and modernisation
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and national laws/regulations (including data privacy practices and laws)
Your Functional responsibilities will include:
- Provide senior expertise to create and run a modern infrastructure engineering and platform services.
- Make the process of getting deployable artefacts into production as easy as possible for product, service and project teams.
- Develop and support opinionated and non-opinionated platforms (cloud, on-prem and hybrid) as required.
- Deliver end-to-end technology projects for our most complex and cross-cutting areas without supervision, including: hardware and software rollouts, service and system upgrades, and training
- Manage suppliers and partners involved in projects, negotiating commercial relationships and agreements, mitigating risks from working with external parties
- Use creativity and judgement to identify and translate user need into project deliverables, working to balance financial efficiencies with new functionality
- Manage "heritage" infrastructure and providing key enabling infrastructure (eg patching, certificates, logging agents, intrusion detection, security incident and event mgmt, resource mgmt, messaging, databases, cache, logging, designing high availability, backup/recovery etc.
- Run infrastructure services, ensuring high levels of reliability, security and availability.
- Lead projects, oversee budgets, deliverables, risks and business cases
Advanced Professional related qualification (eg Azure DevOps Engineer, M365 Enterprise Administrator) or equivalent work experience.
Call Experis IT today for more information!