Windows Chef Engineer
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Square One Resources
Job Title: Windows Chef Engineer
Salary/Rate: £450 - £490 Inside IR35
Start Date: 03/10/2022
Job Type: Contract
We have an exciting opportunity now available with one of our sector-leading consultancy clients! They are currently looking for a skilled Windows Chef Engineer to join their team for a six-month contract.
- Enhance vulnerability management automation, develop patching framework for Windows Server estate and contribute to patching content releases
- Development and drive of improvements in Server Build and corporate tool-sets, focusing on process optimisation and establishment of best practices
- Provide expertise and technical support to application or infrastructure teams and your colleagues - you may be asked to dive in to a project or to work on incidents
- Participate in driving adoption and use of Chef across organisation - you will be required to code in python, ruby and Chef DSL
- Build relationships with internal clients, discuss and understand their infrastructure needs both on a practical and commercial level. Provide input/influence to design activity.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- "Internals level" knowledge of all versions of Windows Server and AD
- Enterprise experience of Server Build and Deployment, Security Configuration
- Experience with Desired State Configuration tools
- Development Techniques and experience from tool/application development using Power-Shell, C#, Ruby, Databases
Although not essential, the following skills are desired by the client:
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Agile & Lean methodologies, DevOps
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in Microsoft Word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally. Please see our website for our full diversity statement.