Infrastructure Engineer (12 Month FTC)
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Michael Page Technology
The Infrastructure Engineer will responsible for Operational support to ensure high availability of the infrastructure estate, automating processes and repeatable tasks, carrying out BAU tasks and offering 3rd line infrastructure support.
Michael Page are delighted to be partnering with a Hugely successful Financial Services Business.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Providing day-to-day technical support of a range of applications and infrastructure services; VMware, Active Directory, DNS, Storage, Networking, Firewalls
- Imbedding into project teams to provide advice and guidance on infrastructure related activities.
- Working with the project and wider infrastructure team to support the decommissioning of our on-premise datacentres, rollout new backup solutions, cloud infrastructure provisioning
- Defining and document internal team processes and procedures
- Producing operational documentation for current/new solutions
- Providing out of hours support to project/operational changes where required
Key Skills & Experience:
- Experience with ITIL Processes & ITIL Foundation certificate
- Possess demonstratable experience of supporting 3rd line infrastructure services. Breadth of experience preferable.
- Have Generalist/Broad experience in the following technologies/solutions: Microsoft/Windows stack, AD/DNS, VMware (vCentre), Storage solutions, Networking/Firewalls, SSO, SSL/Cert management
- Have experience working to project deadlines, taking ownership of outcomes by working as part of a project team to support completion of infrastructure tasks.
- Posses tangiable experience working as a 3rd line infrastructure engineer, solving complex problems. Raising, impact assessing and representing changes at CAB. Completing changes out of hours when needed.
Salary range: £50,000 - £55,000 - Initial 12 Month FTC