Cloud Engineer, Azure, WebOps
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Spectrum IT Recruitment (South) Ltd
Cloud Engineer - Azure, DevOps, WebOps
Remote Working, optional travel to Eastleigh, Southampton, Hampshire
£45,000 to £50,000 + great benefits and company culture + career prospects
A market leading SaaS solutions company based in Southampton are about to undergo a major overhaul of their development and infrastructure architecture. The goal is to create a highly optimised and automated platform which will enable the creation of not just a single product, but a diverse range of products accessible from anywhere in the world.
In order to achieve this they are looking for a DevOps/Cloud Engineer to join their talented team. We are looking for experience across automation, infrastructure and development. The work is greenfield and adopts the latest in automation and open source technology. A great environment for experienced devops/cloud engineers to use their experience to deliver high performing, Real Time systems.
You will be supported by a senior engineering team with high level Devops, Webops and infrastructure experience. This is a mid-level technical role.
Core skills required include:
- Microsoft stack systems & architecture - C#, .Net, Azure, Windows Servers etc
- Web Operations - logging, monitoring, performance tuning
- Web Infrastructure - Windows/Linux Servers, load balancers, Firewalls
- At least one Scripting language - Python/Bash/PowerShell
- Automation using ideally Ansible,/Terraform/Chef/Puppet
- Continuous Integration/Delivery using Jenkins Pipelines/an alternative
- Deploying applications on the JVM
- Git/Source control
Beneficial, Bonus Points given for... !
- Infrastructure as code
- ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Google Cloud Platform/Firebase
- Event-driven/Messaging architecture
To apply, and for more information, please send your CV to (see below)