D365 F&O Solution Architect
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Prodapta Ltd
provide in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics D365 Finance & Operations (Microsoft Dynamics) application, specifically focused on the Order to Cash process, and evaluate the customer's business processes against the standard Microsoft Dynamics functionality.
The Microsoft Dynamics Solution Architect will:
- participate in every aspect of the implementation from analysing the customer's business requirements to configuring the Microsoft Dynamics application to meet the customer's needs.
- collaborate with stakeholders throughout the organisation and with the other project solution architects, to ensure a comprehensive set of requirements, aligned to business objectives, gaining full understanding of current business processes.
- provide in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics application, specifically focused on the modules that support the Order to Cash process, and evaluate the customer's business processes against the standard Microsoft Dynamics functionality.
- demonstrate experience in use of the prescribed Microsoft Dynamics implementation methodology, understands the key activities and deliverables for the client engagement and internal projects.
- be responsible for understanding and interpreting the business requirements as documented by the projects BAs to author solution blueprints, solutions designs and functional design documents.
- be responsible for identifying and specifying any customisations to Microsoft Dynamics application required to achieve the customer's business requirements.
- facilitate the customer's decision-making process and develops the functional design document that will drive the development process (if modifications and/or customisations are required, either to processes or to the Microsoft Dynamics application.)
- be responsible for conducting acceptance testing and training customer resources to successfully use and maintain the Microsoft Dynamics application.
- where possible have relevant or related industry experience and understands challenges and risks when implementing vertical applications.
- ideally have experience on working on projects where D365FO has been implemented alongside and integrated with D365CE.
- High degree of insight and analytical skill
- Team-oriented; willing to align work with team's priorities and goal
- Able to influence, negotiate and build consensus
- Strong time management skills and multitasking abilities
- Skilled in organisational change
- Clear and effective communication
A minimum of 5 years consulting experience in business applications with focus on business modelling and software implementation.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Analyse and understand business problems.
- Model data and processes.
- Conduct workshops and training sessions.
- Author solution blueprints, solution design documents and functional design documents.
Familiar and experienced in:
- Core application functionality for the following modules/functionality areas:
- Credit & Collections
- Product Information Management
- Revenue Recognition
- Sales ledger
- Tax, including experience of integration D365 to 3rd party tax engines
- Dual Write
- Data Management Framework (DMF)
- Standard reports
- Excel AddIn
- PowerBI & Analytical workspaces
- Familiarity with the Atlas reporting tools would be beneficial
- International roll outs:
- tax implications
- using local currency for invoicing and receipts
- localisations in terms of:
- local business legal compliance and business practices
- local language use
- implementing D365FO localization packs
- Implementation Methodology
- Application technology stack
- Related Microsoft technologies such as PowerPlatform, Azure and Microsoft Office SharePoint.