Applications Development Engineer
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Modis
IoT Applications Development Engineer
Who are we
We are looking for an IoT Applications Development Engineer to join our Advanced Controls Group team based in Basingstoke. You will report to the Advanced Controls Lead and you will be responsible for developing and growing the application of IoT technologies across the industries that we serve. This includes the development and implementation of smart application devices, custom programming for both Embedded and other devices, wireless communication, and data management. We are looking for a versatile Engineer, to work in a highly multi-disciplinary environment. You may need to provide field technical support, and the role will involve some travelling within Europe.
As the IoT Applications Development you will be responsible for;
- Specification of IoT Systems
- Provide support to engineering teams for deployments and commissioning of IoT systems across Europe
- Develop custom software for data analysis and reporting
- Troubleshoot issues on site
- Develop new IoT technologies
- Participate in the specification, development and maintenance of IoT cloud platform
- Participate in the specification and development of IoT hardware and firmware
- Interface with corresponding technical and commercial staff in the company and join in with brainstorm and other innovation groups throughout the year.
- Undertaking project work to develop new technology as required or prioritised by Group lead in the areas of electronics, and industrial gases.
You will have:
- A degree in an engineering or data science discipline is essential
- A minimum of 2-3 years industry experience is preferred, including practical experience of electrical/electronic systems, troubleshooting
- Knowledge of PLCs and controls systems
- Basic knowledge of programming in python and/or C#
- Knowledge of IoT protocols, cellular communications, wireless communications (Zigbee, Wi-Fi ...) and wired communication (RS232, RS485, Ethernet, Modbus, Profinet ) is desirable
What We Offer:
We work in an environment where diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a culture of respect, challenge and innovation - with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care and accomplish by clicking APPLY now.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.