Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Prime Appointments Ltd
Prime Appointments have partnered with a leading life sciences company who are recruiting for a seasoned Software Engineer to join their dynamic team based in Maldon.
This is a full-time, office-based permanent role paying a salary between £47,000 and £52,000 depending on experience and preference. With around 5,000 employees, you could be working at an exciting big name who are responsible for the distribution of devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide to make a difference towards human lives.
But what would my responsibilities be as a Software Engineer here?
- Devise code to support new software and firmware to satisfy user requirements.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
- Provide documentation related to product design, meeting regulatory compliance, ISO 9001 and organization requirements.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Guide testing engineers on testing executions.
- Analyse the results of testing, understand product improvement opportunities and drive the implementation of changes.
- Feed the software technology roadmap pipeline, targeting feasible, valuable features and solutions to the end user.
- Rely on different sources to research, analyse and invent high performance and differentiated programs.
- Assist on quality complains from the field by providing technical support, understanding root causes and discussing potential product risks.
- Provide support on manufacturing processes and methods to meet product requirements and quality.
The most important candidate requirements for this role are:
- A university degree (this however can be anything from a Diploma to a Masters) in Computer Engineering or a comparable qualification
- Solid commercial experience of software development
- Full Domain on C and C++ for Embedded applications
- Networking knowledge (an understanding of Ethernet, TCP/IP and Wi-Fi)
Plus, a fantastic benefits package is also up for grabs, including:
- 25 days annual leave/holiday allowance
- 5% Employer Pension Contribution
- Unlimited training opportunities
- On-site parking
- Flexible working
- Free Employee Welfare Services
- A number of social events
If you think this Software Engineer requirement could be for you, or you would like to discuss the role in private, please don't hesitate to contact Caitlin at our Prime Appointments IT and Digital department. You can find details on our website!