Legal & Commercial Manager
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Datasource Computer Employment
Legal & Commercial Manager - Bristol - 6 month Contract - £80 per hour (Inside IR35) - SC Cleared
Our client works heavily with the MOD and has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Manager with excellent knowledge of MOD commercial and procurement processes to join their team.
They are looking for someone to join their team to create bespoke agreements for presales and sales activity, including all supply chain agreements.
You will be responsible for drafting and checking a range of agreements including prime and subcontracts, NDAs, MOUs, teaming agreements and back-to-back subcontracts.
This role requires someone with excellent stakeholder management and strong commercial negotiation experience to really make an impact within their team!
The Key Responsibilities of a Legal & Commercial Manager:
- Drafting and agreement of sales and procurement agreements.
- Analysis and negotiation of contract terms and conditions.
- Analysis and agreement of NDAs, MOUs, teaming agreements, JVs.
- Reviewing and approving proposals, prime and sub-contracts.
- Providing commercial support to bid teams, including supporting the development of the commercial elements of tender responses and influencing early bid strategy.
- Providing commercial lead for internal project approval processes and ensuring relevant approvals are obtained in a timely manner.
- Commercial risk identification, mitigation and management.
Below is a list of Key Skills required for the Legal & Commercial Manager, however you will not be expected to have everything:
- The ability to analyse, interpret and draft contractual wording with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience of negotiating complex contract terms with suppliers and/or clients.
- Experience of progressing internal approvals and briefing senior stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of contractual documents including NDAs, MOUs, teaming agreements, sub and prime contracts used in a consulting, defence, government and/or aerospace environment.
- Excellent knowledge of MOD commercial and procurement processes.
- Good understanding of contract law.
- Knowledge of ITAR.
Our client is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all backgrounds.
part time opportunities/flexible working is available to suit individual needs.
Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and therefore this contract will be run through an Umbrella Company. Income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC. If you do not hold an active SC clearance, please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2022.