Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by ARM (Advanced Resource Managers)
As an experience Cloud Infrastructure Engineer within the shared services division, you will be integral in creating an inspiring and motivational team environment. You will oversee the day-to-day operations of the team by supporting them and their customers as you help manage their customers systems. This role is for someone who thrives working in an agile and delivery focused environment and can provide technology driven leaderships skills whilst having the ability to motivate and mentor others
* Responsible for line management of the team. Provide team leadership, staffing mentorship and governance; produce and manage individual Performance Development Plans and carry out their regular review against individual and team objectives.
* Troubleshoot and diagnose faults and liaise with various resolver teams, both internally and externally.
* Responsible for producing reports (both defined and ad hoc) in timeframes as required by the service.
* Maintain a strong working relationship across varying teams, customers, and 3rd party support.
* Service Management: Run calls and manage weekly Op's customer meetings as required whilst also providing data on request to support Monthly and Quarterly reviews
* Ensure quality of end-to-end delivery to clients to ensure client satisfaction and best position the company for additional business.
* Ticket Management: Update, communicate and escalate tickets, accordingly, adhering to SLAs/KPIs to ensure resolution is achieved within a timely manner.
* Demonstrate professionalism and inspire confidence when working with senior management, both on the phone and face to face.
* Support the team with the development of technical skills needed to support and resolve complex technical support calls.
* Create and update all procedures, technical resolutions, documentation, and the support knowledgebase.
* Identify training requirements, provide mentorship of peers and junior staff in the organization where needed.
* Assist with customer onboarding to ensure a successful transition into support.
* Manage, maintain and be part of a 24*7 on-call rota.
* Self-starter and problem solver - able to work independently but also a strong, dependable team player.
* Prepared to 'go the extra mile' in delivering service on time and to the highest standards.
* Articulate in both verbal and written communication (to both technical and non-technical audiences), including the ability to produce clear technical documentation.
* Able to work well within a team with different skills, experience, and backgrounds.
* Professional/flexible approach to work; ensuring punctuality, tidiness, and diligence with the aim to provide the customer with the best possible service.
* Able to demonstrate team leadership experience
* Able to demonstrate strong hands-on experience of cloud & systems administration
* Certified in M365
* Currently have SC clearance or the ability to pass
* Disciplined prioritisation, time management and scheduling abilities both for projects and individual tasks.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy in repetitive tasks.
* Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines.
* Strong emphasis on delivering an excellent customer experience, while working under pressure with urgency, with an ability to communicate professionally to all levels of the business.
* Willingness and ability to learn quickly and remain adaptable as the situation requires.
* Able to influence others to achieve project goals.
* Flexible with the ability to change priorities quickly and the capacity to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Mandatory required technical experience
* Cloud Providers: M365, Azure
* Microsoft Windows 10/11, Endpoint Manager, Exchange Online
* Scripting/Light Programming: PowerShell
* Microsoft: Server 2016/2019, AD, Group Policy, Exchange
* Virtualisation: VMware
Additional technical experience that would be beneficial
* Cloud Providers: AWS
* Server & Storage Hardware: IBM, HP, DellEMC.
* Virtualisation: Hyper-V
* Backup Technologies: Veeam
* Microsoft cluster
* Network: Cisco/Meraki, Fortinet
* Monitoring technologies
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.