IT Service Desk Support Engineer
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Lucid Connect Ltd
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Service Desk Support Engineer to join a growing friendly team at a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Milton Keynes.
Their customer base is global, with products sold and locally supported in over 40 different countries. This success is comprehensively supported by a team of over 400 Full time members of staff across our three UK centres of excellence/manufacturing sites in the UK.
- By using our IT Service Desk, a successful candidate will need to provide IT desktop support for all departments and across all sites. Such support will be given remotely via support case updates, telephone conversations, remote desktop access or physically at client locations. As such the successful maybe required to travel between sites when visiting clients.
- Troubleshoot support requests (both hardware and software) and provide or obtain a timely resolution.
- Setup new desktop, laptops and other end user's devices according to their specifications.
- Basic network infrastructure maintenance.
- Configure and manage Active Directory accounts and security groups.
- Configure and manage email accounts within Microsoft Exchange online.
- Liaise with suppliers to identify solutions and obtain quotes where needed
- Minimum Required Skills
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience with working with an IT Service Desk system for processing IT support requests.
- Experienced in supporting/operating Windows OS's
- Experienced in supporting/using Microsoft 365.
- Experienced in installing and configuring hardware (PC's, Printers, Scanners etc).
- Experienced in administrating Active Directory.
- Full (clean) driving license.
- ITIL Certification or working towards.
- Microsoft Certification (Office or Windows desktop OS) or working towards.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel so to maintain and troubleshoot existing spreadsheets that use complex formulas, lookup tables and VBA macros.
- Experience of creating Microsoft Access databases.
- Administration of Windows server OS and associated technologies (Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, NTFS, etc)
- Administration Microsoft Exchange Online server
- Administration of Azure Active Directory
- Experience with of an Avaya IP Office telephone system.
- Experience with configuring and managing endpoint security.
- Exposure to ERP, CRM, PLM or BI platforms.
Working Hours & Benefits
- Working hours for the role are 37.5 per week (08:00 - 16:30, Monday - Friday (with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break).
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday (holiday entitlement increases with service)
- 5% Contributory Pension scheme
- Annual bonus (on average £500 per annum)
- Healthcare Scheme
- Death in Service Life Insurance Scheme
- Free Company Lunches
- Free Company Family Days
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Referral Scheme