Salesforce Consulting Director - Private
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by PWC-1
A career in our Salesforce Sales practice, within Salesforce Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients leverage Salesforce technology to enhance their customer experiences, enable sustainable change, and drive results. We focus on understanding our client's challenges and developing custom solutions powered by Salesforce to transform their sales, service and marketing capabilities by exploring data and identifying trends, managing customer life cycles, strategically building and leveraging online communities, driving employee engagement and collaboration, and connecting directly with channel partners to share goals, objectives, and activities in a secure, branded location.
As part of our sales team, you'll help our clients improve the sales process cycle from lead generation through purchase by making it more targeted, personal and coordinated across channels and better manage customer acquisition and interactions.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively lead the practice by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
- Building strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalise on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectors
- Identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities
- Responsibility for a majority of day to day client communications
- Responsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteria
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Responsibility for management of engagement financials
- Helping to grow and develop our team through hands on training and coaching
The successful candidates will be joining a fast growing Salesforce.com team which works across industries on strategy, transaction services, Chief Information Office (CIO) and Chief Customer Officer (CCO) advisory and delivery types of engagements. These candidates are likely to have a solution architecture background in Salesforce.com and other CRM platform from the following Oracle/Siebel/Fusion CRM; MS Dynamics CRM and SAP CRM, and now wish to build further on their Salesforce skills and expertise.
The role requires in depth understanding of the following
- Salesforce data models and data structures
- Salesforce offerings, including licensing options
- Deployment management and software delivery lifecycle
- Salesforce architecture best practice
- Recognised as a trusted adviser, with a track record of creating successful technology solutions that support the organisational strategic vision and goals;
- A confident written and verbal communicator, able to clearly explain digital ideas to non-technical audiences, and work effectively with non-technical colleagues and business executives;
- An inspirational leader, used to managing teams of consultants, analysts, technologists and third party suppliers to develop detailed solutions, costs, timescales and methods for delivery of technology solutions;
- Seasoned at successfully managing the sourcing and selection process for third-party software and other technology components and services, as required to enable delivery of digital transformation solutions;
To do the job well, you should be/have
- Majority of related experience gained in one of the following sectors
- Financial Services - Retail and Commercial Banking
- Private Sector - Energy, Utilities and Resources
- Private Sector - Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Private Sector - Retail and Consumer
- Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent, we are open to strong candidates from all relevant educational backgrounds but ideally from a technology, science, engineering or business background;
- Consulting experience in both business development and engagement delivery, gained with a leading professional services or systems integration firm;
- Expert knowledge and understanding of digital trends and challenges across industries, gained through project experience, contribution to thought leadership, articles, client recommendation, etc.
- Proven experience in providing technical leadership on complex (e.g. multi-national), digital and front-office transformation initiatives, managing mixed technical teams to deliver the work;
- Demonstrable track record of helping to shape successful business development of digital and other 'front office' business transformation initiatives.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.