Technology Programme Delivery Manager Senior Manager
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by PWC-1
A career in our Technology Consulting practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
As a member of the team, you'll work with clients to define their vision and plan how to get there. We deliver the technological solutions organisations need to compete and grow and build a lasting legacy of improvement and performance, partnering with best in class technologies and solution sets. In joining, you'll help our clients understand and evolve the way they align Information Technology with their business strategy, create integrated end to end solutions, and use enterprise applications to solve complex business problems..
We are looking for a Technology Delivery Manager to work in our Government & healthcare industry sector - with an ability to apply their skills across other related industries. Our Technology Delivery Managers will manage one or more agile programmes, typically to deliver a specific product or transformation via a multi-disciplinary, highly skilled digital team. You'll be adept at delivering complex digital projects, breaking down barriers for your team, and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
Working with our clients and technology colleagues, you will be core to decisions that build high performing teams and plans for cost effective and efficient digital solutions. Taking a technology leadership role throughout design and delivery, you will help ensure that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements and follow the organisation's strategic vision. As a technology delivery specialist, you will also act as a technology leader within our wider digital and technology practices, providing thought leadership, guidance and coaching to junior members of our team.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable experience of working with technology leaders and their teams to implement technology solutions in support of digital transformation initiatives. As a technology delivery specialist, you will
- Make clear, pragmatic and manageable plans for delivery using programme and project management disciplines
- Get the best out of people by giving enthusiastic and encouraging messages about priorities, objectives and expectations
- Adopt clear processes for managing at all levels
- Review, challenge and adjust performance levels to ensure quality outcomes are delivered on time rewarding success
- Maintain effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstances, encouraging others to do the same
- Provide constructive challenge to senior management on change proposals which will affect own business area
- Spot warning signs of things going wrong and provide a decisive response to significant delivery challenges
- Encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value - give people space to think creatively
Lead and Communicate:
- Be visible to staff and stakeholders and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with people involved in area of work
- Confidently engage with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to generate commitment to goals
- Clarify strategies and plans, giving clear sense of direction and purpose for self and team
Make Effective Decisions:
- Analyse and evaluate pros and cons and identify risks in order to make decisions that take account of the wider context, including diversity and sustainability
- Identify the main issues in complex problems, clarify understanding or stakeholder expectations, to seek best option
- Make difficult decisions by pragmatically weighing the complexities involved against the need to act
- Push decision making to the right level within their teams, not allow unnecessary bureaucracy and structure to suppress innovation and delivery
Collaborate and Partner:
- Actively build and maintain a network of colleagues and contacts to achieve progress on objectives and shared interests
- Encourage contributions and involvement from a broad and diverse range of staff by being visible and accessible
- Effectively manage team dynamics when working across Departmental and other boundaries
- Seek constructive outcomes in discussions, challenge assumptions but remain willing to compromise when it is beneficial to progress
Furthermore, the ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in
- Helping our clients assess their current digital technology maturity, identify gaps and shape a comprehensive, end-to-end digital blueprint and technology roadmaps
- Able to bring to bear knowledge of technology components, vendor solutions and emerging technology trends on digital solution delivery in one or more industries;
- A confident written and verbal communicator, able to clearly explain digital ideas to non-technical audiences, and work effectively with non-technical colleagues and business executives;
- Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent, we are open to strong candidates from all relevant educational backgrounds;
- Ideally will have consulting experience, gained with a leading professional services or systems integration firm though not essential at the manager grade;
- Good knowledge and understanding of digital trends and challenges across industries, gained through project experience, publication of thought leadership, articles, client recommendation, etc.;
- Proven experience in providing technical leadership on complex, digital and front-office transformation initiatives, managing mixed technical teams to deliver the work;
- Demonstrable track record of shaping and leading successful technology delivery of digital and other front office business transformation initiatives;
- Experience of working with senior client executives in advisory and delivery roles.
London, Belfast, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Edinburgh, Glasgow
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here