Tax Manager - Investment Management - London
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by PWC-1
A career in our Financial Services Tax practice, within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
Our team helps our Financial Services clients navigate the frequently changing and complex national and international tax environment related to stringent capital requirements, management of operational tax risks, and tax implications of investing in different jurisdictions. You'll help our clients with their tax structuring while helping to address the challenges of the continuously changing tax world, both locally and globally.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
About the role
The IM team advises clients across the asset management sector, including mainstream investment managers, private equity houses, hedge fund managers, and infrastructure fund managers. We offer our clients a range of tax compliance and tax structuring solutions for both fund products and management groups. Areas of particular interest to our clients at this time include the opportunities afforded by regulatory change, re-domiciliation, operational tax risk management, EU tax discrimination, the new tax reporting regime, transfer pricing and LLPs.
As a manager within the team, you will be responsible for the delivery of services to your portfolio of clients and assisting the director and partner group in the ongoing development of the business. We would expect you to operate across the different sub-sectors within asset management. Our broad client base incorporates many of the largest and most complex fund managers operating in the market today. We would look for you to work closely with these clients and as many of our clients have global reach and part of your time will involve interacting with our global network of investment management specialists.
The investment management industry is a dynamic industry facing unprecedented legal, regulatory and tax challenges. The next few years will give rise to a range of exciting and interesting opportunities for professionals working in this sector. Joining this team will provide you with a unique opportunity to deal with these challenges first-hand, providing you with excellent experience and scope for self-development.
We are looking to appoint qualified (legal/accountancy) managers with strong UK tax experience to manage client teams and work closely with the Directors and Partners in building all aspects of our business.
We are looking for motivated and ambitious candidates with excellent inter-personal skills. Ideally, you will have practical experience of working within one or more of the asset management sub-sectors, but this is not essential.
- Degree 2.1 or equivalent
- ACA / ACCA / CTA qualified or equivalent
- The successful candidate will have experience in delivering corporation tax advice and compliance services to large and complex businesses
- Professional services background with experience of working across a portfolio of clients
- A track record of delivering quality work for clients; demonstrating an understanding of the client's business and relevant professional standards and maintaining respectful client relationships
- An ability to plan and deliver work against tight deadlines
- A track record of providing meaningful feedback to help others improve and develop
- An ability to take advantage of new opportunities for learning, sharing new knowledge; being intellectually agile and able to think creatively
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we're one of the UK's leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.