Operations Consulting - Manager Asset & Wealth Management
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by PWC-1
Operations Consulting Managers (Asset & Wealth Management)
About the team
In support of our growth, PwC's Consulting practice is currently recruiting Managers, who will focus on the Asset & Wealth Management (AWM) sector, into its Operations Consulting FS team.
As a Manager you are expected to primarily work on client engagements, contributing to and leading Operational Transformation projects (delivery), although you will also spend time developing OT solutions in the AWM area (development).
Our AWM client base covers a breadth of organisations spanning: Traditional & Alternative Fund Managers, Fund Service Providers (Administrators, Transfer Agents, Depositaries, etc…), Prime Brokers and Custodians. These are primarily large multinational organisations who are leaders in their respective markets.
OT helps organisations to deliver on their strategic objectives and respond to market and regulatory changes by supporting the development and implementation of innovative operating models which can deliver the required change. Example engagements include:
- Design and implementation of a unique physical Prime Brokerage operating model which drew on lessons learned from the Lehman Brothers failure
- Supporting the CEO and COO of a global Asset Manager to achieve 20% cost reduction across their global operations
- Managing the full RfP and vendor selection process for the front to back technology platform of a start-up Hedge Fund
- Design of a new operating model for a new Fund Services business, bringing together a leading UK Depositary and Luxembourg based ManCo business
- Supporting a number of Fund Service providers to implement the operational changes required under the new AIFMD regulations
As part of a small specialist team, within the wider OT Financial Service cluster, you will be encouraged to initiate and develop new ideas. Our highly motivated team has an excellent track record of delivering high quality work to major international clients and has ambitious growth plans for the next few years.
Other more general skills we are looking for include general consulting skills particularly around developing client relationships and business development, an understanding of contemporary themes in the AWM sector and a track record of sales and delivery within a similar environment.
About the role
This role will be mainly client-based, leading/ supporting transformational work and change engagements
- Delivering Operational Transformation change projects
- Contributing to our continued thought leadership to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed for our ASAM clients
- It is likely that your work will be part of wider transformational programmes and hence exposure to other competencies (Technology, Regulatory etc…) is desirable
- Building relationships with our key AWM clients
- Identifying client needs and proposing solutions to them;
- Developing the careers of the teams working with and reporting to you;
- Being part of the leadership team in the OT practice; and
- Maintaining a consistently high and leading edge market profile.
Joining our team as a Manager, we would expect you to have considerable experience of large change projects preferably within a consulting environment or leading AWM focused business.
You will have be able to demonstrate a track record of implementation success, achieving savings and overcoming various challenges.
- Significant relevant operational change experience with one or more of the following types of organisation: Traditional or Alternative Fund Manager, Fund Services Provider, Prime Broker or Custodian
- Strong understanding of the role of all of the key players in the ASAM value chain and across the lifecycle of a trade
- A good understanding of fund types (OEIC, UCITS, Hedge etc…), typical associated trading strategies and key differences;
- Knowledge of the asset classes and products that funds typically invest in (Equities, FI, Derivatives Real Estate, etc…)
- Consulting experience derived from a consulting or professional services firm
- Knowledge of the key trends and regulatory changes shaping the Fund Services industry
- Demonstrated ability to advise senior management on alternative solutions and risks with experience of presenting and influencing at a senior level; and
- Demonstrated experience of managing a large team.
- Education to degree level;
- Additional qualifications such as ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA/ MBA are highly valued but not essential;
- Confident approach, self motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written);
- A flexible and team focused working style within a multi-functional team;
- Preference will be given to candidates with well demonstrated external consulting experience;
Demonstrable end to end project management lifecycle experience (design, build, implementation);
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.