Senior Manager - Private Business - Edinburgh or Glasgow
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by PWC-1
A career within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients identify and reduce tax risks, meet compliance obligations, implement tax strategies that complement business and operational objectives, resolve disagreements with tax authorities, and manage tax accounting and reporting issues. You'll be engaged in projects dealing with International tax, mergers and acquisitions, state and local tax accounting, regulatory processes, tax reporting and strategy.
The candidate will be based in either of our Glasgow or Edinburgh office, operating in a team across the Central belt, with the ability to spend time in both of our central belt offices. There may also be opportunities to work with staff in our other offices around the country and to visit client sites in the UK.
The candidate will be part of our Private Business Team which provides services to a wide range of clients from private businesses and private equity backed groups to partnerships and a number of high net worth individuals.
While providing corporation tax advice, the successful applicant will have a keen interest in how the taxation system impacts both corporate and private clients alike and will want to develop their knowledge further through additional training and on the job learning.
About the role
You will be responsible for managing an established team and providing excellent quality advisory services to a range of clients.
Your responsibilities will predominantly be focussed on advisory work as tax compliance work is delivered from our compliance centre however there will be an element of managing this work and the client relationship. The work is wide-ranging including advising on transactional work, financing, restructuring, UK and and international tax issues and other corporation tax issues with our specialists such as capital allowances, transfer pricing and R&D.
You must therefore have strong UK corporate tax knowledge, with experience of advising companies on UK and international corporate tax issues. The role will also require someone with strong communication skills.
You should be interested in being an all-round business adviser who enjoys working closely with clients to provide them with pro-active innovative and commercial tax services.
You will work closely with our Directors and Partners across the Scottish central belt region, although will have the opportunity to lead and develop day to day client relationships.. The team will also provide you with the opportunity to put into practice your all-round tax and commercial skills in a stimulating and challenging environment.
Your day to day duties will include
- Proactively managing and leading a portfolio of clients, reporting to Directors and above.
- Establishing effective working relationships directly with clients.
- Being proactively involved in the financial management of clients.
- Contributing to the development of personal and team knowledge.
- Building your own network of contacts through regular attendance at internal and external meetings.
- Keeping up-to-date with local and national business and economic issues that might potentially impact on clients and/or their industry.
- Being proactively involved in business development activities including attending new business meetings with either junior or senior members of the team.
- You will be part of client-service and project teams. As such, managing both junior and more senior members of the team will be essential.
- Relevant qualifications in CA; LLB ATII; CTA; or equivalent.
- A commitment to continuing to enhance technical and other knowledge and skills;
- Willingness to take on new and challenging work;
- Risk awareness;
- Excellent team playing skills and desire to work across lines of services (assurance, deals, consulting);
- Good communication skills;
- Good organisational and people skills.
Location - Glasgow or Edinburgh
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we're one of the UK's leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.