Director Assurance IFRS 17
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by PWC-1
Who we are looking for
- Are you a Director with a track record of selling?
- Do you have experience of delivering large programmes?
- Do you have Life or Non-Life experience?
We are looking for a Director to join our market leading in IFRS 17 business transformation team.
About the team
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It's work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us
About the role
Insurance is a fast growing business within a unique assurance division offering a broad range of services, tailored to assist Insurers grow and overcome the complex challenges they face. Our client base varies - Global multinationals, through to private equity backed businesses and start-ups.
IFRS 17 is an accounting standard change and one of the biggest the industry has ever seen. At the heart of our team will be industry experts with deep process, control and accounting knowledge. ACA Qualified accountants (or equivalent) will advise our clients on the impact IFRS 17 will have on their business, highlighting the future business requirements and working and leading multi-disciplinary teams to work through the change agenda IFRS 17 poses. You will work across top clients across a wide variety of markets and industry sectors including life insurance, retail GI and Property and Casualty insurance.
As a senior member of the assurance team you will be responsible for
- Business development
- Winning and delivering accounting change programmes
- Ensuring the high quality of our advice and support to our clients
- Manage relationships with senior level clients
- Leading and developing team members
Essential skills and experience
- ACA qualified or equivalent
- Industry specialist in the Assurance sector Experience of working with clients in either the FS or more specifically Insurance industries
- Technical experience, including understanding of accounting principles and reporting and regulatory experience, including IFRS 17, IFRS 9, Solvency II, Basel III, Sox and GDPR
- A track record of business development
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Experience of supervising and developing multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong analytical and project management skills
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It's work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
B C T Resourcing