Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by PWC-1
A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- The PwC IIG Practice is looking to recruit individuals with a proven track record in the area of software development and systems architecture, and have a keen interest in innovation at Manager Level.
The IIG team is passionate about helping our clients to obtain the incentives available to support their investment in innovation and new technologies. This includes advising on R&D credits, patent Box, creative sector reliefs and grants.
Our PwC R&D tax credit team won 'Best Big 4 Tax Team' at the 2012 LexisNexis taxation awards for its record of achievement, client service and teamwork which marks us out in a highly competitive field.
More about the role
We are keen to hear from people who are passionate about technology and growing our Innovation Incentives business.
We are particularly focussed on candidates able to support us in:
- Preparation of claims and liaising with HMRC on behalf of our clients. Assisting clients to make R&D claims by specifically undertaking the following
- Providing specialist software expertise to identify qualifying R&D activities
- Interview client IT teams on the activities they are undertaking to determine whether they qualify as R&D
- Document in reports the R&D activities
- Undertake project management on R&D claims
- Provide specialist software expertise in HMRC discussions on R&D claims
- Assist in the calculation of the R&D claim
- Advising large companies and SMEs on software and technology-related opportunities to claim R&D credits, patent box, creative sector relief and grants.
- Visiting our clients, understanding their business and enabling them to obtain the incentives available to them
- Helping the IIG (Innovation Incentives Group) to develop new opportunities
A successful candidate must understand a client's business, innovation roadmap and be able to dive deeply into the technological developments underpinning these. Assignments will vary and will involve providing expert consultancy, mentoring, supporting strategy and policies and acting as a "trusted advisor" to clients. Relationships will run from senior board level through to IT and business specialists.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of successful client management
- Strong technical abilities, combined with business acumen
- Ability to think creatively to solve client needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Track record of working as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop new approaches and tools to solve client issues
- Ability to use data tools (ACCESS/EXCEL) or similar
- Technology / systems architecture experience (TOGAF certified, ideally)
- Exposure to R&D / innovation-focussed environments
- Providing and seeking meaningful feedback to help others and self improve and develop.
- Clearly conveying information to engage the audience, listening effectively, and negotiating with and influencing others.
- Taking advantage of new opportunities for learning, sharing new knowledge, being intellectually agile and thinking creatively.
- Delivering quality work for clients, demonstrating an understanding of the client's business and relevant professional standards and maintaining respectful client relationships.
- Building internal and external relationships and networks, considering the needs of others and proposing effective solutions.
- Developing and applying a high level of skills, knowledge and standards and staying current with technology and industry trends.
- Maintaining effectiveness during change and adjusting to new processes or requirements.
- Demonstrating leadership, modifying behaviours to work effectively with others, respecting and valuing all people and encouraging different perspectives.
- Promptly addressing problems, challenging the questionable behaviour of others and maintaining standards of professionalism.
- Efficiently planning and delivering work, taking responsibility for budgeting, resourcing, billing and compliance and demonstrating an awareness of risk management issues
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we're one of the UK's leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here