Senior Associate - Programme Risk and Assurance
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by PWC-1
Financial Services organisations have become more complex, global and interconnected, due to mergers and acquisitions or in an effort to grow the business or cut costs, complex business models have evolved with increased needs for effective programme and change management. Additionally this is a topic that is high on the global regulatory agenda; regulators see this as a significant risk to financial stability and are using their powers to enforce improved practices across the industry.
Our Programme Risk and Assurance team work with clients through independent engagements and also as part of wider assurance activities led by other PwC teams to drive exceptional business performance across their change and transformation programmes and the projects that they are delivering. This is with a particular focus on helping clients to identify and manage key risks, and to gain assurance around the delivery of their projects and change programmes.
The Programme Risk & Assurance practice provides a range of assurance and advisory services which includes
- Programme assurance
- PMO support
- Project management and project delivery
- Projects and change SME advice and support
- Other project risk services (e.g. to support wider operational risk management activities)
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Direct experience in the management and delivery of projects / programmes and/or in the development and running of PMOs;
- Ability to quickly understand and apply knowledge of specific technical requirements associated with common project deliverables, e.g. technology implementations and regulatory change. Has some previous experience in a specific technical area, e.g. has a technology background;
- Good understanding of common business processes;
- Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities;
- Good understanding of key project risks and risk management activities;
- Focused and initiative driven with an ability to build strong relationships with clients and with PwC teams;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels, and exemplary report writing skills;
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions, alongside the integrity and courage to challenge the status quo;
- Well-developed listening and questioning techniques;
- Strong desire for continuous improvement and self-development.
- Prepared to travel in the UK and, to a lesser extent overseas, and to work to tight deadlines, when necessary;
- A breadth of experiences that enables you to hold broad business conversations and articulate complex issues to clients in a manner that is clear and unambiguous;
- ACA (or equivalent) fully or part qualified or CIMA qualified; and/or IIA or CISA qualified;
- PRINCE2, MSP or Agile/Scrum knowledge and/or certification;
- Understanding of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and GRC system knowledge;
- Previous experience performing consulting / advisory services;
- Experience in evaluating and performing risk assessments and risk management practices at a task and organisation level.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It's work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.