PPM - Consulting Senior Associate
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by PWC-1
A career in our programme Management practice, within Project Portfolio Management services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations balance long term strategies and short term imperatives to optimise their investments and strategic activity required to achieve the organisation's business objectives. We help enhance organisations project and programme performance by identifying alternative project approaches, consistently aligning projects with corporate strategy, setting the tone and pace of programmes from the outset, responding quickly and effectively to crisis situations, and extracting value from agile programme delivery.
As part of our team, you'll help our clients with optimising their project and programme performance, while consistently aligning programmes with corporate strategy.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
PwC has a global team of Portfolio and Programme Management (PPM) professionals who specialise in designing and delivering complex transformational programmes.In the UK we have over 100 professionals in the Portfolio and Programme Management (PPM) competency who help our clients design, deliver and realise the benefits of complex transformations across a variety of public and private sector organisations. PPM provides this through 3 main service offerings
- Establishing and governing change portfolios
- Programme leadership and delivery
- Intelligent programme and portfolio office management
With the increasing recognition and demand for dedicated portfolio and programme management expertise, we have an exciting opportunity to join our Financial Services team and bring proven industry expertise and leadership combined with technical skills and a desire to develop our practice, service offerings and industry reach.
About the role
As a Senior Associate in the PPM competency, you can expect the following
- Being a key and integral PwC engagement team member, producing high quality deliverables and often taking responsibility for managing discrete elements of the programme and/or engagement.
- An opportunity to develop deep technical expertise in complex portfolio or programme environments and to develop broader programme management expertise in delivery work streams.
- Contributing towards specific aspects of intelligent portfolio and programme management offices (PMO), such as tracking the alignment of the change portfolio, planning, reporting, benefits tracking, risk/issue management, change control, budgetary and resource management.
- Developing team members, in particular, associates on PwC's Consulting Foundation for the Future programme.
Essential skills and experience
- Financial Services sector experience in capital markets, retail banking and / or insurance.
- Understanding of the value that programme or portfolio management and PMOs gained through project delivery experience
- Ability to articulate the difference between portfolio, programme and project management and be able to explain how programmes, portfolios and projects are different to business as usual.
- Significant experience of at least one aspect of PMO activity, such as
- Planning - Ability to develop a multi-workstream programme plan using MS project or other, including critical path and resource management
- Risk Management - Ability to develop and manage a risk/issue management approach
- Benefits Management - Demonstrate a good understanding of benefits, contribute to a benefits management approach and be able to monitor benefits in line with this agreed approach
- Ability to identify and generate relevant reporting requirements.
- Ability to explain the risk/control implications when allocating ownership within programme management documents.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
Who we're looking for
Project, programme or portfolio management experience is essential, with experience working in transformational change programmes or portfolios highly desirable
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Osborne Clarke LLP