Cyber Security, Financial Services - Manager
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by PWC-1
A career within Cybersecurity and Privacy services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients implement an effective cybersecurity programme that protects against threats, propels transformation, and drives growth. As companies pivot toward a digital business model, exponentially more data is generated and shared among organisations, partners and customers. We play an integral role in helping our clients ensure they are protected by developing transformation strategies focused on security, efficiently integrate and manage new or existing technology systems to deliver continuous operational improvements and increase their cybersecurity investment, and detect, respond, and remediate threats.
A Manager in our Financial Services Cyber Security practise provides expert technical advice, guidance and support on cyber security, both in business-as-usual and for live and planned projects within our clients' business.
You will be a generalist but have specialities in specific areas which can be developed and honed as your career develops. This role would suit someone who is comfortable working across the cyber security spectrum and disciplines. We will offer you opportunities to develop your skills in different areas of cyber security.
In this role, you can expect to perform any of the following client delivery work
- Provide input to a security strategy and/or target operating model for an information security function
- Conduct a security threat, risk, capability and/or maturity assessment
- Design technical solutions to address specific security challenges
- Provide security subject matter expertise within a wider strategic client engagement
You can also expect to perform the following business development activities
- Meet with clients to understand their needs and help produce proposals to address them
- Develop toolkits, methodologies and accelerators to enhance our sales and delivery capability
- Contribute to our research and thought leadership to improve the eminence of our practice
- Collaborate with third party vendors to develop new and innovative security services for our clients
As a minimum, candidates for this role must have the following
- Some (however limited) information security experience in any form (i.e. operational, consultancy and/or sales)
- Strong academic background such as a Bachelor's or Master's degree in any subject
- Excellent business writing skills
- A good understanding of IT infrastructure fundamentals such as networks, operating systems and databases
- Knowledge of infrastructure and application security requirements and benchmarks (e.g. OWASP, CIS)
While not prerequisites, the following will be advantageous
- Experience or understanding of security legislation and regulatory frameworks (e.g. DPA, PCI-DSS, RIPA, PSD)
- Experience or understanding of security methodologies and industry standards (e.g. ISO27001, NIST, SANS)
- Any cyber/information security certification (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC)
- Experience working in a financial services organisation of any type
- Experience of internal or external consulting or audit engagements
- Exposure to multi-tier, web based and cloud based IT architectures
- Knowledge of security technologies (e.g. AV, SIEM, IDM, IPS, F/W, SSO, DLP)
- Knowledge of security assessment frameworks (e.g. threat modelling, controls assessment, risk assessment
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
GCS Recruitment Specialists Ltd