Data Analytics BI Senior Associate
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by PWC-1
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
About the team
PwC helps a variety of organisations harness the value of their data. Using innovations in data analytics and human insights, we help clients collect data, analyse it and use it to understand potential futures, improving business performance and transforming the way they work.
As part of PwC's strategy to embed data analytics in how we operate and the services we offer to our clients, the Consulting Practice (Technology Competency) is looking to recruit individuals with a proven track record in Data and Analytics Technologies (DAT), specifically Business Intelligence at the Senior Associate grade (3-5 years relevant experience).
We support the wider Consulting firm in embedding Data & Analytics in everything we do for our clients, and often deliver DAT solutions as part of wider technology-enabled business transformation.
About the role
We are particularly focussed on
- Helping clients do much more with the volume of data they have available
- Providing clients with solutions that are tailored to meet their specific business problems
- Engaging with stakeholders across our clients' businesses to deliver Data Analytics solutions
- Design and implement effective Data Analytics capabilities focussed on delivering business value
We do this by
- Inspecting, cleansing, transforming, modelling and exploiting our clients' data to support decision making, deliver business outcomes and adopt an insight to action management approach
- Developing innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies, structured and unstructured information
- Implementing governance strategies to ensure the security, integrity, and availability of information
- Working with a range of global alliance partners from the largest (Microsoft, Oracle, Google) to SMEs specialising in specific technologies or industry verticals
Essential skills and experience
- Creative thinking
- Intellectually agile
- Demonstrated client management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong technical abilities combined with business acumen
- Track record of working as part of a team
- Ability to stay current with business and industry trends
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to adapt quickly to diverse environments/challenges
- Basic understanding of BI Architecture
- Proficient in at least one BI vendor
- Education to degree level or equivalent
You should have good delivery knowledge in at least one of the following vendors
- Plus Advanced MS Excel/Access skills.
- Analytics (SAS, SPSS)
Other BI vendors or advanced data visualisation techniques (D3.js et..)
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here