New Construction Estimator
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Rasa Floors & Carpet Cleaning LLC
Plan, coordinate and prepare construction estimates for multifamily construction projects. Manage estimating program, providing technical and administrative direction to ensure corporate objectives, including project work and backlog volume are met. Interface with general contractors to elicit engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility and projected budget. Perform all functions and responsibilities in partnership with the companys culture, vision, ethics, and standards of conduct.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and administer estimating department functions
- Participate with senior and branch management in determining what types of projects to bid, as well as, help develop strategies and techniques for successfully obtaining work
- Perform and direct research and client contact to identify potential projects/clients and gain admittance to bidders list to secure new work on a continuing basis.
- Complete reviews and take-offs from architectural blueprints
- Lead pre-bid meetings and contribute to bid strategy formulation
- Negotiate contracts, pricing change orders, manufacturers pricing based on products required by scope of work.
- Provide and/or coordinate full estimating services, to include examining estimates of material, equipment, and production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Create and review all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to final bid submission. Request or approve amendments to or extensions of contracts
- Participate in bid presentations to clients and assume significant responsibility for closing the sale
- Maintain a presence in professional associations to build rapport with potential clients and specialty contractors.
- Award and administer contracts, including final approval of payment
- Coordinate work of sales department with production and shipping department to implement fulfillment of contracts. Introduce the Branch and Operations Managers to awarded jobs for orientation of job scope, necessary material required and job site personnel
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow up with customers on all active estimates to earn the opportunity to be awarded the contract, while documenting in the company software any/all notes and attachments obtained.
- Create and distribute the monthly Status Report to Senior Management and Branch Managers to communicate active jobs with submitted estimates
- Review bids from other firms for conformity to contract requirements and determines acceptable bids
- Acts as liaison between company and subcontractors
- Advise planning and production departments of contractual rights and obligations, to include the Director of Credit
- Establish and maintain contact with contractors to ensure the smooth working of the contract awarding process. Review all correspondence concerning contractors and responds as necessary
- Maintain contract and contractor status databases
- Build and maintain professional relationships with clients by phone, site visits, email, etc.
- Address billing or service rendered challenges, referring questions of service failures to designated department for investigation, while documenting in the company software any/all notes and attachments obtained.
- Work in partnership with the applicable Operations team, Branch Manager and New Construction Representative to complete project with excellent customer service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Three (3) five (5) years Estimate experience, to include take-off from blueprints.
Flooring construction experience preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be considered advanced with computer skills and be receptive to emerging technology and software programs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Possess/maintain a valid Texas Drivers License and auto insurance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or sit. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Rasa Floors, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.