Data and Visual Analytics Engineer
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Pairwise
Job ID 2
# of Openings 1
Pairwise believes healthy food should be affordable, convenient, and sustainable. We believe gene editing can be used to accelerate plant breeding in leveraging the natural genetic diversity in agricultural crops to address global food challenges. We are bringing the benefits of these new innovations both to producers and directly to consumers through the produce aisle of their local grocery store. Located in the Raleigh-Durham metro area, Pairwise was formed in 2017 and has plans to add about 100 employees over the next year to help meet our aggressive product development goals.
Pairwise is looking to hire motivated and collaborative scientists and engineers into its R&D organization to help achieve a broad set of scientific goals and be part of developing our engineering strategy. We currently have an open role for a motivated Data Engineer to join the Data Science team. The role will play a key part in laying the foundation and infrastructure for scalable workflows for data capture, tracking, processing and analytic visualizations in the cloud for all Pairwise R&D data. We are looking for a strong data engineer with the ability to work independently and as part of the team. Your contribution will be critical to helping Pairwise meet a set of aggressive targets and building a culture where science and engineering can be fun.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience (Masters or Doctoral thesis work counts as work experience)
- Strong track record of building and deploying modern engineering tools in the cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Proficiency with MySql, Postgres or noSQL technologies
- Advanced Knowledge with Python or R and one object-oriented programming language
- Demonstrated ability to deliver tools in a cross functional environment
- Experience with building and maintaining APIs
- Proficiency with data modeling and data architecture
- Design the data architecture and provide requirements for Pairwise's compute and storage environment
- Collaborate with data scientists and bench scientists from multiple research teams to solve engineering problems through automation
- Train data scientists and computational biologists on working in the cloud and proper software deployment practices
- Develop and deploy frameworks to make it easy for scientists to do science in the cloud
- Develop dynamic dashboards and visual analytic web-apps using tools like Flask, Dash, Shiny, etc.
- Keeping up to date with cloud offerings and open source tools