SATCOM RF Engineer
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Systek (Systems Technologies)
The SATCOM Radio Frequency (RF) engineer to perform detailed link performance, satellite network throughput analysis, RF tests, provide technical support and troubleshooting on issues that arise during operational use of equipment.
- Expertise in SATCOM Terminal and SATCOM Modem analysis, design, system engineering, modeling, integration, operations, testing, certification, and evaluations.
- Provide specialized ability and experience in DoD SATCOM antenna and RF subsystem design and certification.
- Perform test and integration of modems and other SATCOM equipment into SATCOM terminal systems, perform Intermediate Frequency (IF) and RF tests, and provide technical support and troubleshooting on issues that arise during operational use of equipment.
- Generate plans, technical assessments, white papers and reports
- Bachelor's degree in Systems or Electrical Engineering, physics or related discipline.
- At least 10+ years of hands on professional experience with SATCOM RF and/or antenna design, manufacture, test, and integration.
- SATCOM experience required, LEO/MEO experience desired
- Detailed knowledge in are antenna design, RF systems engineering (e.g. link budgets and performance analysis) and RF circuit design
- Detailed Knowledge in latest SATCOM technologies as related to components and antennas
- Detailed knowledge in antennas, including phased array
- Desired knowledge in production processes for Radio Frequency (RF) and antenna systems
- Desired knowledge in commercial Wideband SATCOM systems and leasing processes
- At least 5+ years of System Engineering background
- Master's degree in Systems or Electrical Engineering
- Systems level engineering experience with a focus on RF or antenna design
- Active DoD Secret Clearance required with potential of TS/SC-I
- Some travel is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities