Medical Technologist - Bartlesville
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) - LAB Bartlesville - Full-Time, Evening - Regional Medical Lab - Tulsa, OK
Why Join Ascension?
Regional Medical Lab
- Regional Medical Laboratory Inc. (RML), part of St. John Health System, is a nationally-renowned commercial reference laboratory that provides testing services for physicians and hospitals within a four-state region and performs more than 9 million procedures each year. RML provides services for multiple hospitals in the Oklahoma region and several satellite locations in Tulsa, northeastern and central Oklahoma and southeastern Kansas.
Why Work for St. John
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
If you are looking for a place to work that will take your career to new heights, St. John Health System is for you. Our people are what makes the difference. Our associates commit themselves daily to our mission of providing spiritually center - holistic care to all, especially those that are poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to perform routine diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and interpret, document and report test results in compliance with department procedures and applicable regulations.
- Implement, validate, and report laboratory test results.
- Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Conduct quality control and quality assurance testings.
- Maintain supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assist with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Assist in documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) .
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)