Medical Technologist (MT/MLS) - Generalist
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Ascension
Additional Job Information
Title: Medical Lab Scientist (MLS)
City, State: Kyle,TX
Location: Seton Medical Ctr Hays
Department: Lab Hematology Anc 001
Additional Job Details: PRN,Rotating, Weekly
At Seton, we're using the power of purpose to change healthcare for the better.
As part of Ascension's Texas Ministry Market we do this through collaboration. Seton brings great minds and proven results from the across the nation together. From the best hires and strategic plans for growth, to the proactive connections we make within our community, we reach out to move ahead. Now, partnering with the University of Texas to build the new Dell Seton Medical Center, our future looks brighter than ever.
We do this in force. With more than 12,800 associates, Seton is the leading healthcare service provider in Central Texas as well as its second largest employer. We serve an eleven county area of more than 1.8 million people. We have five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, a mental health hospital, three primary care clinics for the uninsured, and an increasing number of storefront care locations.
We do this with vision. Since our founding in 1902, Seton has led the way in Austin --- expanding thoughtfully and with purpose; caring for our neighbors, because we know them so well. As a non-profit with a mission --- rather than a bottom line --- guiding us, improving health at a community level is our number one priority.
It's our home, and our heart.
Located at the center of Texas hill country --- just a few hours from Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio --- Austin offers an appealing blend of hometown comfort and high-tech care. Whether you are looking for a vibrant nightlife and live music, recreational areas and activities, family-friendly fun, or educational offerings, Austin is a city that not only calls to you, but gently encourages you to sit down and stay awhile.
With cultural diversity, a mild climate (and truly great outdoors), attractive and affordable housing options, and no state income tax, Austin is a feel-good choice for a rewarding way of life.
The way we connect,
the lives we affect.
The Seton Healthcare Family is always looking for dedicated, talented professionals willing to share their hearts with those we serve. Being part of our close-knit team means performing to a higher standard. Embracing innovation, while understanding the importance of individual connections. And continually collaborating, learning and growing to realize new levels of personal and professional satisfaction.
Performs routine diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and interprets, documents and reports test results under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist.
- Implements, validates, and reports laboratory test results.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Conducts quality control and quality assurance testings.
- Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Assists in documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Medical Laboratory Scientist credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience required Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or specific certification related to position preferred
- 2 Years Preferred Technical Experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.