Histology Technician - Pathology Technician
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Histology / Pathology Tech - Lab Histology Anc 001 - PRN,Day - St Vincent's Medical Center - Bridgeport,CT
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 6a-230p
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent's Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport, CT, and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent's is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved.
What You Will Do
As a Histology Technician - Pathology Technician with St. Vincent's Health Services, you will have the opportunity to collect and prepare tissue specimens for routine and special procedures to confirm a patient diagnosis.
- Follows established procedures for collecting and processing biological specimens for analysis.
- Inputs patient demographics into computer system. Reports results and maintains documentation.
- Operates and maintains equipment used for embedding and sectioning specimens.
- Follows safety requirements and appropriately handles and disposes of chemicals.
- Maintain continuing education standards and competencies per department policy.
- Actively involved in quality assurance program within the department.
- Other Duties as assigned
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Clinical Laboratory Tech specializing in Histology credentialed from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists.
Education and Work Experience:
- Certificate. Associates Degree, one year of clinical training; BS degree preferred
- One year previous experience as a histotechnologist
Equal Employment Opportunity
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to individuals hired, including PRN, part-time and temporary employees, volunteers and students.
Additionally, St Vincent's Healthcare is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is a web based program administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, USCIS Verification Division, and the Social Security Administration that supplements the current I-9 eligibility verification process. The program determines whether the information provided by the new hire matches government records and whether the new hire is authorized to work in the United States.
KA Recruiting Inc.