Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by Blackpool and The Fylde College
Come and work at Blackpool & the Fylde College where you can enjoy a generous benefits package
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Support in obtaining teaching qualifications*
- Performance Review Scheme
- Free courses*
- Career progression opportunities
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked across the sector taking in to account AOC recommendations
- Occupational pension schemes with College contributions up 16.48% for Teachers Pensions Scheme and 14.4% for Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 30, 35 or 42 days (dependent on contract), plus bank holidays
- Sports facilities, including a fully-equipped Gym (Bispham Campus)
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast- (dependant on campus)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee wellbeing spaces
- Childcare vouchers
- Credit Union
- Access to a wellbeing garden (Bispham campus)
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Starbucks - dependant on campus
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices, including Level 6 restaurant (Bispham Campus)
- Access to discounted on-site facilities including:
- Hair and beauty treatments
- Office and printing services
Summary of responsibilities:
- Secure meaningful work placements for B&FC students
- To coordinate the organisation and monitoring of student work placements across the College
- To operate a sustainable model for the ongoing development of workplace learning across a range of employers and educational levels.
- To facilitate the growth and development of new opportunities for workplace learning.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- To coordinate the organisation and monitoring of student work placements across the College through the effective implementation of the relevant college policies and procedures.
- To contribute to the College's preparations for workplace learning in readiness for any relevant quality scrutiny.
- To ensure an effective audit trail of evidence exists to comply with DfE requirements of the Study programme and technical level qualifications instantiated through the post 16 skills plan.
- To coordinate with curriculum areas in the development of suitable approaches to the integration of work based/placement learning across all study levels.
- To implement quality improvement processes and tracking systems to ensure that the College maintains accurate management information pertaining to placement activity.
- To stimulate and enhance workplace learning across the college by developing internal capacity whilst maintaining quality.
- To support programme teams in their approach to delivering Higher Education modules which incorporate work based or placement learning.
- To gather and analyze employer and student views of placement learning to inform strategic and operational direction and identify opportunities for enhancement.
- To implement and operate appropriate systems and processes to maintain the safety of students during placement activity.
- To liaise with employers to source and maintain effective work placement opportunities for students at all levels of study
- To centrally coordinate the implementation and monitoring of the B&FC Employability Strategy, engaging with both current and new employers to increase growth, by stimulating repeat and new business.
- To coordinate in the implementation of the DegreePlus programme, linked to the Higher Education Achievement Record (HEAR) working in conjunction with the Academic Registrar to recognise and endorse non-academic student achievement.
- To embed the development of employability skills within all Further Education programmes and the development of graduate attributes within all Higher Education programmes.
- To work collaboratively with the Careers Team to ensure that all students are provided with appropriate career development activities.
- To reflect critically on professional practice and strategies used and how personal performance can be improved.
- Other duties that may, from time to time, be requested by the Principal.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Reward and Benefit Package
To view our full reward and benefit package, please visit our Benefits section.