Lead Business Analyst
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Deutsche Bank - US
Job Title: Lead Business Analyst Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President Location: Cary, North Carolina
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading Bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
As a functional Analyst, you will work within the Global Technology Securities Shared Services organization reporting to the local Functional Analysis lead. You will be responsible for designing functional process solutions based upon Business requirements, across a variety of Business areas and in line with overall business priorities.
You will need to have a strong focus on delivery to the business, understanding business processes within the Post Execution space for Cash Securities (Equities and Bonds) in order to develop efficient, cost saving solutions. You should be enthusiastic, confident, able to work unsupervised and capable of making informed decisions in order to meet project deadlines.
A detailed understanding of 'front to back' trade processing within the securities industry (primarily Cash Equities) from Exchange trading through to Clearing & Settlement is highly desirable together with previous experience of Business Process Re-engineering projects.
- Previous experience as a business / functional analyst within Investment Banking Operations
- Extensive experience of formal business & functional process analysis
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated on a broad variety of projects with a variety of approaches
- Strong communication, facilitation, negotiating & stakeholder management skills
- Ability to understand business / client needs and develop convincing ideas and solutions to meet these
- Ability to clearly and concisely capture functional solution designs & use cases in high quality requirements documents
- Ability to align functional solutions to the target architecture
- Work closely with developers and QA staff in interpreting requirements and resolving issues
- Work in an agile development SLDC by focusing on the highest priorities
- Rigorous, resourceful, adaptable with good attention to detail and strong project ownership
- Ensure deadlines are met and deliverables are of a high standard
- Self-motivated & able to overcome obstacles, demonstrating a positive approach in the face of adversity and encouraging others to do the same
- Facilitate an environment where risks can be openly discussed and where mistakes can be acknowledged and rectified
- Use own judgment to make appropriate and timely decisions based on the information available, and know when to refer issues upwards
- Technical skills: Good understanding of Unix & PLSQL required. Java / development experience would also be advantageous
- Educated to Degree level
- Masters in Computer Science / Engineering / Finance