Vice President, Healthcare (Healthcare Services), Investment Banking
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Banking
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 50 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
As our momentum continues to accelerate, we seek talented, motivated and intellectually curious professionals to join the Citi Family. We believe in bringing on the most talented people and offer them a long term career at Citigroup.
Banking, Capital Markets & Advisory (BCMA) is currently seeking a VP to join Citi's Investment Banking Healthcare Services team. This position will be in the New York office focusing on Healthcare Services. This role will work across all product areas including IPOs, equity offerings, debt offerings and M&A transactions.
Vice Presidents are expected to assume significant levels of responsibility for the transaction process, new business development and overall growth of the firm.
- M&A Execution: Working intimately with clients, senior-level team members and outside professional advisors (consultants, lawyers, accountants) on acquisitions, divestitures and special situations (Board advisory, takeover defense, fairness opinions) transactions.
- Equities and Debt Execution: Working closely with our clients to guide them through the capital raising process, including leading due diligence and drafting sessions and preparing them for an equity or debt offering.
- Existing and New Client Relationship Management: Generating and presenting transaction and corporate development opportunities.
- Team Player contributing to the success of Citigroup's Global Health Care Team.: Contributing to all facets of the team's continued growth, including identification and development of best practices, new client development, mentorship and training of new junior professionals and being a positive culture carrier with in the team.
- Managing the various phases of project and transaction execution processes
- Drafting situation analyses, pitch materials, information memoranda, investor and management presentations
- Research potential targets, markets and trends in the Health Care industry, delivering first class content
- Core deal team member, providing transaction execution leadership while concurrently supporting senior bankers and the overall marketing efforts
- Travel to client meetings, drafting sessions, road shows, trade shows and due diligence as necessary
- Build relationships and maintain direct contact with clients, prospective clients and professional advisors
- Oversee work being performed by analysts & associates assigned to projects
- Managing, mentoring, recruiting, developing and reviewing junior staff while maintaining our company culture
- Significant investment banking experience at a recognized investment bank although we will also consider those with industry experience in the life sciences sector; Health care sector experience will be viewed favorably but is not a requirement An excellent academic background; MBA or MD degree preferred but not required
- Superior analytical, quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Fluent in accounting and finance with deep knowledge of Investment Banking methodologies
- Ability to think strategically and creatively identify industry trends and provide strategic insight
- Excellent mathematical, writing, interpersonal , communication and technical (computer) skills
- Ability to exercise judgment, prioritize tasks and work on multiple engagements
- Superior client interaction skills and commitment to serving the client
- Experience managing junior team members
- Team player with high integrity and self-motivation
- Ambition, motivation and drive to succeed in a fast-paced, global institution and leverage the franchise to deliver superior results to the firm.
Morgan Stanley USA