Data Engineer AWS/Python
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Montreal Associates
Using Data from satellites, weather stations and scientific observations, the job of the tech team is to compute Data and build products to help our clients understand the impact of climate change.
Handling such Data and providing accurate projections is a hard challenge. Our job is to gather historical Data, analyze tendencies and if possible, take into account the impact of climate change, and therefore Science.
Beyond Climate, we aim at measuring the impact on bio-diversity where challenges are even harder.
Our products fetch data from partners or public data (imagery, weather-stations) and perform some computations to create indicators that are exposed through SaaS systems/APIs internally or to our clients outside. Our indicators help our clients evaluate physical and environmental risks in the era of Climate Change.
Most of this data is geolocated (satellite images, time series, shapes, etc.) and heterogeneous (temperature, rain, vegetation index, sea level rise etc). To process it in bulk and guarantee data security, we have developed a server-less computing platform called Cocoon.
The objectives of cocoon are to:
- Manage client assets
- Enrich assets with public or private data
- Expose data to users
We are hiring a Data Engineer to reinforce the team and work with senior engineer on handling our data and Back End componentsSkills and requirements
- Experience in designing systems to effectively process lots of (geo-spatial) data
- Good knowledge of the Python eco-system, package managers
- Experience in CI/CD
- Background in data processing (pandas, dask, Spark )
- Experience with GIS systems and libraries (PostGIS, map Servers etc.)
- Front End development skills/Data visualization
- Experience on AWS or Terraform
Montreal Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.