Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Hays DT - Scotland
Enterprise Architect | Glasgow and Dundee | Salary range £49,861 - £62,167 + amazing benefits |
Are you looking to begin or grow a career in IT architecture? Or perhaps you are currently working as an architect and looking for a new challenge? Social Security Scotland has an exciting opportunity for an Enterprise Architect to join the team and drive our young and growing organisation further forward, developing strategies, improving its business processes and shaping the future of its technology, all making a positive impact on our clients' lives. You may already be working as an analyst and looking to step up into a more senior design role, or you may be a technical architect with a desire to work on an enterprise-wide canvas. In any case you can expect to work with a friendly, dynamic, talented and self-motivated team with a great opportunity to apply your experience and ideas and make direct and tangible improvements to the services we deliver to our clients and colleagues.
Social Security Scotland, in partnership with Hays Technology, are looking to recruit Enterprise Architects. For further details about this incredible opportunity and to apply please email [mailto:) or give a call.
The post will be based in either Dundee or Glasgow with regular travel to provide leadership across all sites as well as engage extensively with Scottish Government colleagues based in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
DDat Pay Supplement
This post attracts a £5000 Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) pay supplement after a 3 months DDaT competency qualifying period. Pay supplements are temporary payments designed to address recruitment and retention issues caused by market pressures and are subject to regular review. This post is part of the Scottish Government DDaT profession. As a member of the profession you will join the professional development system, currently BCS RoleModelplus.
Our reward scheme includes:
. Salary between £49,861- £ 62,167. New entrants are expected to join at the minimum of the salary band, rising to the maximum through yearly increments.
. Flexible working arrangements with potential of up to 4 days off per month
. You will have an annual leave allowance of 5 weeks, rising to 6 weeks after 4 years. In addition, the Scottish Government observes 11½ days public and privilege holidays, dates of which are set annually
Flexible and Hybrid Working
Our current way of working is by a hybrid working approach, where colleagues will be expected to use a mix of office based and remote working (working from home) depending on the requirements of the role. Office location can be in either Dundee or Glasgow.
- Engage with internal projects and partners to understand and identify their scope and needs, then design appropriate enterprise architectures.
- Regularly collaborate and find agreement with senior stakeholders, providing direction and challenge.
- Proactively identify problems and translate these into non-technical descriptions that can be widely understood.
- Act as the enterprise architecture domain expert in information gathering and scene setting with stakeholders and managers.
- Support a domain assurance function in support of Social Security governance activities based on rigorously defined and tested principles and standards.
- Contribute to the development of Social Security CDO Architectural strategies.
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of Social Security Scotland's business strategy, and leverage that understanding to identify suitable solution and technology options, and the roadmaps for their implementation.
- Undertake rigorous analysis to develop an understanding of solution and technology options to recommend the most appropriate approach across different environments, operating models and organisational design.
- Act as 'critical friend' to clients on best practice use of technology within an overarching Architecture Strategy.
- Contribute to the establishment of an innovative culture of continuous delivery and improvement and provide guidance on Architectural Governance, Digital and Technology Strategy and Organisational Design.
- Responsible for production of enterprise architecture deliverables across the project life cycle and curation of those deliverables beyond implementation.
- Collaborate with colleagues in cyber security to ensure that architectures are robust, scalable, open and secure.
- Review technical proposals from external suppliers and provide input into implementation recommendations.
- Work in an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment and understand and apply agile methods with partners where appropriate.
- Take an open and collaborative approach to working and sharing knowledge.
- Support colleagues with enterprise architecture domain expertise where required.
- Contribute to the iterative, value-driven development of an Enterprise Practice within the wider CDO Architecture team
- Act as consultant to, and a communicator between, both technical and non-technical audiences and stakeholders.
To be successful in this post you will have the following experience:
1. Knowledge and experience of enterprise architecture frameworks for managing design governance, strategic development and stakeholder communication.
2. Experience in the identification and resolution of architecture concerns arising from the implementation of integrated, commodity based digital solutions and platforms into the business.
3. Experience of participation in defining business strategies and aligning these with the supporting technology required to achieve them.
4. Experience of both written and verbal communication of strategic roadmaps, architectural models and discussion documents to audiences at all levels and of all technical backgrounds.
To discuss and submit an application for this role please contact, Atibhee Kapoor at Hays Technology directly or apply now. Hays are our chosen recruitment partner for this campaign and will offer you support and guidance throughout your application.