Software Engineer- SAS
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by J & C Associates Ltd
We are IT Recruitment Specialists partnered with a prestigious Global Consultancy who requires a Software Engineer- SAS for one of their public sector clients based in Telford/Southend.
*Initial Duration - 6 months
- The role falls within the Data and Analytics delivery centre of Capgemini's HMRC market unit.
- The group provides a wide range of data and analytics solutions in support of HMRC's business priorities: maximise revenues, bear down on avoidance and evasion, improve and transform tax systems and respond to current Covid challenges.
- You'll work primarily within an agile team including software architects and fellow software engineers. You will also be supported by product managers, scrum masters and solutions architects. With additional client and key stakeholder interaction as required.
The focus of your role
The design, development, testing and support of data and analytics software solutions within the HMRC MU.
Work as part of an Agile software delivery team; typically delivering within an Agile Scrum framework.
You will work on the full range of software engineering and solutions development activity; covering requirements gathering and analysis, solutions design, software coding and development, testing, implementation and operational support.
You will contribute to the software engineering communities by providing your ideas for innovation and process improvement and coaching and mentoring other team members.
- You should have experience as a software engineer delivering within large scale data analytics solutions and the ability to operate at all stages of the software engineering life cycle, as well as some experience in the following
- Awareness of devops culture and modern engineering practices
- Experience of Agile Scrum based delivery
- Proactive in nature, personal drive, enthusiasm, willingness to learn
- Excellent communications skills including stakeholder management
- SC Clearance
- Agile/DevOps methodology and tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- SAS 9.4
- SAS Viya
- SAS DI Studio
- Having a general understanding of AWS
Nice to have:
- RDBMS (Oracle)
- Oracle SQL & PL/SQL
If you are interested in this position and would like to learn more, please send through your CV and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Please note, candidates are often Shortlisted within 48 hours.