Lead DevOps Engineer
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by J & C Associates Ltd
We are IT Recruitment Specialists partnered with a prestigious Global Consultancy who required a Lead DevOps Engineer - Remote for one of their public sector Clients based in UK.
- IR35: This role is inside of IR35
- Initial duration: 6 months
- Clearance required: BPSS eligible
Role and tasks
To lead all software engineering activities across CMG Common Platforms tribe. Maturing the engineering team and putting in place practices and frameworks to enable the delivery of key platform components.
Summary of the Role and key responsibilities
Leading software and test engineers across Common Platforms
Putting in place a culture of technical innovation
Improving engineering practices, tools and frameworks not just within Common Platforms, but across Children's Digital
Engineering resource workload planning and prioritisation
Accelerating the move towards containers and GitLab SaaS.
Technical Skills required
This should also include the Levels of skills you require
1. Extensive software development experience especially using NodeJS and Java
2. Microservices, Containers and Kubernetes experience.
3. Extensive experience of building microservices and event-based applications
4. Software frameworks
5. Cloud certified (desirable)
Knowledge and Experience required:
eg Previous experience of working for a government dept.
1. Previous experience of leading one or more engineering teams essential
This is the nice to have but not essential criteria
If you are interested in this position and would like to learn more please send through your CV and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Please note, candidates are often Shortlisted within 48 hours.