SAS Software Engineer (Must have Active SC Clearance)
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by J & C Associates Ltd
We are IT Recruitment Specialists partnered with a prestigious Global Consultancy who requires a SAS Software Engineer for one of their public sector clients based in Telford/Remote (Hybrid, only required to attend site as and when required for meetings and workshops).
* IR35 Status: Inside IR35
* Clearance Required: Candidate must be SC cleared (Including BPSS at vetting stage)
- Software development activity across the full range of development life cycle; requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding/development, testing, implementation and live support.
- This may be within new systems development projects or enhancements and fixes to existing applications.
- A software engineering background with proven ability to rapidly learn and apply application development process, tools and programming/Scripting languages.
- Awareness of key SE engineering concepts and governance (design, development, config management and version control, quality control, continuous integration, release/deployment, documentation, built in supportability, built in maintainability, re-use and extensibility)
- Management and control of problems and change within their area of responsibility, including negotiation with other team members
- Problem analysis, investigation and resolution
- Linux/Unix basics
- Shell Scripting basics
- SAS Base
- SAS Macro
- SAS Management console (basic admin)
- Users Support
- AWS (cloud)
- SAS Administration
- SAS Grid
- SAS Visual Analytics
- SAS Data Integration Studio
- Job Scheduler Berlin
Nice to have:
- Data mart/Data warehouse design
- Other programming languages (PL/SQL, Java, etc.)
- TWS Maestro
If you are interested in this position and would like to learn more, please send through your CV and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Please note, candidates are often Shortlisted within 48 hours.