Commercial Finance Analyst
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Project People
Our Client's Commercial Finance team are currently recruiting for a Commercial Finance Analyst to support all aspects of their financial management for the Infrastructure Deployment Services function. We are looking for an individual who has a good understanding of financial acumen, ie capex, month end reporting, commentary on variances, reporting and preparation of financial packs and most importantly an individual who has been involved with Business Partnering and Stakeholder interactions and engagement.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Support the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst on Finance Month end tasks. Preparing and posting journals, producing variance analysis reports to support the justification of accruals, and completing post month end reconciliations.
- Work with the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst to produce the month end Financial Reporting packs for review meetings with shareholders.
- Support the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst during the forecasting and budgeting processes. To investigate forecasting variances with the Ops team and continuously improving the assumptions in the forecast.
- Supporting the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst to work with the Governance lead on IDS to produce robust financial controls within the governance process. For example, leading the guardrail process.
- Attend weekly governance forum (Site Cost Working Group) with shareholders as the finance lead and answer any finance related queries.
- Support on financial closure with IDS delivery team. To lead on cleansing assets and reallocating costs to ensure accurate data is provided to the fixed assets team in order to capitalise assets within the fixed asset register.
- Deliver to our Accounting policies to ensure balance sheet accrual reconciliations, cash forecasting and prepayment reconciliation are completed across IDS shared programmes in a timely manner.
- Lead the finance mechanism of the acceleration process. Posting monthly journal transfers through the output of the Site Cost working group.
- Responsible for financial review and approval of purchase orders. Ensure costs are correctly allocated and challenging the business from a cost perspective. Producing monthly reconciliation checks on purchase orders to ensure cost allocations are correct.
- Drive Back End and Front End strategy of minimising GRNI (Goods receipting not invoiced)
- Drive reporting structure in Escrow process in relation to the IDS programme in collaboration with the Site Running commercial finance team. Responsible for financial review of escrow requests of external solicitor fees and other legal fees.
- Provide financial support to the IDS Delivery team from adhoc requests.
- Part Qualified Accountant - CIMA, ACCA, ACA or similar
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Experience working in a commercially minded role
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, constantly varied environment
- Excellent stakeholder management, working alongside number of suppliers and senior stakeholders
- Problem Solving abilities
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.