Principal Embedded Design Engineer
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Avance Consulting (Europe) Limited
We have Multiple openings with a leading Global IT Consulting Organization for " Principal Embedded Design Engineer ". It's an immediate hire and planning to close it ASAP
Role: Principal Embedded Design Engineer
Location: Wappenham, UK
Job Type: Permanent role
Job description for the role of Principal Embedded Design Engineer:
Main Purpose of the Job: We are looking for an enthusiastic, Principal Embedded Design Engineer to join our engineering team.
They will be part of a dynamic team continually designing and developing world beating products. The Principal Embedded Design Engineer will be responsible for architecting and designing new products for our datalink product line.
- Overall responsibility for the Embedded Design team and achieving the requirements set out by the Engineering Manager, while taking a lead role in new product development.
- To take a lead role in Datalink development including architecting and designing new products. There is also an opportunity to gain exposure to the battlespace product line (C-UAS, Inhibitors and RF Detect).
- This role is predominantly a design-based role.
- The following skills and experience will be required.
Candidates are not expected to have experience in all areas;
- Development of SDR S/ware and H/ware
- Development of VHDL using Xilinx Vivado and/or Intel Quartus.
- Development for ARM-based Zynq SoC devices and/or other device families from leading FPGA companies
- Development of OFDM Radio Receivers and Transmitters using MATLAB, Simulink, HDL-Coder, custom IP blocks and third-party IP
- Development using RF Agile Transceivers and RFSoCs
- Experience of DVB-T, Mesh, MANET or other datalink/radio technologies
- Complex FPGA design from concept through to test, verification and release
- Linux experience
- Electronic Design/Schematic Capture
- Scoping systems and new technologies.
- Production of Requirement Specifications and other required documentation.
- Manufacturing/production assistance as require/requested.
- Mentoring of lower grades assigned to your design function.
- Act as or allocate the project lead for assigned projects.
- Organize and Lea Preliminary Design Reviews, Intermediate Design Reviews and Critical.
- Design Reviews as dictated by company procedures.
- Managing external design resources as required.
Key Competencies required for the job:
- Self-motivated, a strong team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team and interact with other Engineering disciplines.
- British Citizen due to required security clearance.
- Ability to complete projects including all necessary paperwork.
- Professional approach to all work.
- Proven ability to deliver new products in a commercial environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and teach others within the design function.
Employer details: The prospective employer is the Large Global IT Services giant. Provides opportunity for better performance, Reliability, Security, and Flexibility with good Bonus and Benefits Structure and have a good work Culture that everyone loves to work with.
We (Avance Consulting Services) are one amongst the UK's fastest growing talent acquisition companies. Head quartered in London, we are a global reach agency with a large presence in India (Gurgaon and Hyderabad) and United Arab Emirates (Dubai) Principal Embedded Design Engineeropportunity is urgent and immediate please apply before it gets closed!