Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Square One Resources
Job Title: UX/UI Designer
Location: Remote (UK Wide)
Start Date: 17/10/22
Job Type: Permanent
We are working with an exciting software company responsible for developing an extremely powerful editing tool for everyone - experienced developers or not.
You will be overseeing the implementation of a brand new UI for the product. In this position your responsibilities will be a mixture of development and design, allowing you to continue to build upon the UI concept that has already been implemented and make improvements to the current UX. You'll be making the software more intuitive and simper ti use, while also making quality of life fixes to the UI in general.
1. Take responsibility for the execution of designs to maintain the highest possible standards.
2. Provide assistance with artistic changes to the UI as and when required, particularly across different formats.
3. Conduct research on how well the UI and UX works and report on findings.
4. Handle the day to day issues related to use of the UI.
5. Drive the progress in relation to the UI, with a view of best practices and standards
The ideal candidate will have the following:
1. Good understanding of consistency and UI and UX
2. Experience in developing and shipping a cross-platform multi-language mobile application
3. Hands on experience in a similar role focused on interactive applications
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Strong background in Graphic design and typography
6. Good technical knowledge of digital products
Although not essential, the following skills are desired by the client:
1. Demonstrate some technical knowledge of the development process
2. Have knowledge of Unity specifically the UI pipeline
3. Experience with the use of Figma or other UX specific design software
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in Microsoft Word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally. Please see our website for our full diversity statement.