2nd Line support analyst
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Experis IT
2nd Line IT Service Desk Analyst
Location - Manchester (office 5 days)
Salary - £25,000-£28,000 + Excellent benefits
Working hours - Shift Pattern, Monday to Friday 7am - 6pm
The company and role
Our client is currently running a project to deploy an SDWAN environment across all locations with an Azure AD and M365 environment for all desktop users. Other planned projects include desktop refresh and new IP phone system.
The business systems deployed include a mix of bespoke applications and commercial off the shelf software packages including Microlise, Paragon, Kronos, Concur, Moodle, Ross and Miradore MDM.
The application support team are required to provide desk side support for any service desk tickets that cannot be resolved remotely, to support rollout activities or large projects. The 2nd Line IT Service Desk Analyst will also participate in user group forums and strategy workshops.
The 2nd Line IT Service Desk Analyst will work within ITIL best practice framework to provide first point of contact technical application support for business users.
- troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving (based on knowledge) application related technical issues
- Being first point of contact via phone, email and customer portal. Managing customer liaison, pro-active feedback and customer queries from ticket creation to resolution.
- Support of site networks, infrastructure and MDM solutions
- Log calls in the Service Desk call logging system
- Call follow through with Development Leads and 3rd parties where necessary
- Entering resolution details to the knowledge base
- Flagging common issues for problem investigation and resolution
- Linking recurring Incidents to open problems
- Customer feedback and ticket resolution
- Logging and organising hardware maintenance incidents with 3rd party vendors
- Review 3rd party support contracts and flag when renewal is required
- Maintaining documentation and Configuration Management Database
- Providing user training and How do I guidance when required
- Travel may be required from time to time
Essential skills and knowledge
- Ability to communicate with users at all levels in the organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High levels of motivation, flexibility and the ability to work on own initiative with a drive for excellence and attention to detail.
- Personal flexibility to travel when necessary.
For more information please contact