Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Project Recruit
Our client, a leading global supplier for IT services requires a Solution Architect with Power Domain background based at their client's offices in Wokingham.
This role is hybrid and you can work some days remotely
This is a 6 months rolling temporary contract to start ASAP.
Day rate: Competitive market rate
We are looking for a Power Domain Consultant with 10+ years work experience and a good understanding of Electricity Transmission business; SCADA, DERMS, Energy Balancing Mechanism, Demand and Generation forecasting, Energy Trading etc. associated with UK Power utilities:
This role is predominantly individual, however, will have to work closely with NG stakeholders and its suppliers
Ideally we are looking for candidates with Utilities Operations technology, control centre and security experience.
- Provide Domain centric consulting and implementation services covering the areas of ET/ESO SCADA/EMS, Power Systems Planning, Demand Supply Balancing, System Optimisation, Systems Testing, Integration, and Deployment, etc)
- Accountable for producing quality solutions whilst optimising delivery time and cost
- Accountable for producing system design meeting the business requirements
- Ensuring solutions conform to Architecture Principles
- Providing clear, actionable insights and proposals to the project leadership team
- Working with the Product Owners, Technical Product Owners and Delivery managers along with Engineers, Test Engineers, and Customer Experience Designers
- Responsible for the delivery of technical artefacts
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, ability to lead a team of IT and Business, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and communicate project risks as well as implement mitigation strategies
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and challenges throughout the project development and execution and successfully managing the customer expectations
- In Depth knowledge of utility systems, architectures, business and technical in Transmission SCADA, Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems (DERMS) Supply Balancing and Optimisation, Enterprise Asset Data Management Systems (spatial, non-spatial).
- Must have good understanding of Electricity Transmission business; SCADA, DERMS, Energy Balancing Mechanism, Demand and Generation forecasting, Energy Trading etc. associated with UK Power utilities
- Functional and Integration knowledge in Customer Information Systems (CIS), Meter, and Crew Scheduling/Dispatch (Mobile) process
- Must have expertise in product solution engineering, application and integration architecture, research, design, development, and software solutions for electric utilities.
- Experience of Datamodelling, Industry Data Models; Data Lake & Data Analytics, Data Layer & Flow architecture, Information Governance; ETL's design.
- Knowledge and experience of utility data models, system architecture, functional and technical business process, infrastructure system design, application programming interface (API), user interface (Application, Web, and Mobile)
- IT experience in enterprise/web applications, enterprise Integration applications, and utility business solutions and Integrations using Java, Integration Stack (BPM, ESB, and API Connect) and Mulesoft Middleware Stack (SOA Suite, OSB).
- Customer engagement
- Good stakeholder communication
- Ability to work with Product Owner, Product Manager, Development, Testing and Implementation teams
- Agile Working