Research Data Scientist - Derby
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Michael Page Technology
Opportunity to collaborate with worldwide stakeholders in a global company, providing Data Science Leadership and develop analytics systems.
Global Chemicals Specialist, driving sustainability, eliminating waste and helping their customers consume responsibly.
In this role you will:
- Lead efforts in algorithm and method development.
- Coach and mentor others on advanced approaches in data science
- Create predictive models by mining complex data
- Collaborate and consult with subject-area experts
- Act as a translator and advocate for how data science can add additional value to the business
To be successful you will need:
- PhD in statistics, operations research, data science or closely related field
- Deep expertise in one or more key technical area(s) such as advanced modelling approaches for use with sparse data and/or stochastic optimization
- Ability to mine complex data resulting in practical insights
- Highly skilled in R or Python
- Strong problem solving and deductive reasoning skills
- Creativity and curiosity with the ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of individuals
- Experience applying MCMC algorithms
- Experience using advanced modelling methods/machine learning to solve complex business problems
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including discretionary annual bonus, competitive pension scheme and private medical cover. We will support you to develop your own skills and progress as part of a global organisation.
- £65,000 + Bonus
- Hybrid Working
- Excellent progression & development