Site Design Engineer - TDA
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Project People
Site Design Engineer/Solution Architect
Length of contract: 6 months
Location: Hybrid working at least 2 days per week at Reading.
We are now looking for a Solution Architect for Base station Site Design, who has experience leading a design team, will be responsible for designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end site solutions based on design guidelines and our customer business needs. You must have experience in Technical design authority space within Structural site design, Electrical design etc..
- Leading your team to deliver the volume site designs to meet our customers desire to be the leading 5G network provider in the UK.
- You will provide the design governance to ASP's being the conduit between our customer and our Asp's resolving any challenges and queries that arise during the site design process.
- Bringing your experience to provide design solutions and guidance on blocked site designs.
- You will have close involvement with our design and build Approved Service Suppliers (ASP's) owning the design documentation detailing our requirements and QA process defining a quality of service to work to.
- A key responsibility will be reviewing new design documentation released ensuring this is adopted into the Front End design process.
- We are advancing with new design processes always keeping ahead in the market, in 2022 we want to move Intelligent Site Engineering from trial volume to large scale BAU design process. You will be a key driver of the process, tools, on shore and offshore teams required to deliver this successfully.
- We have a team of offshore engineers involved in the Front End site design, you and your team will support them in growing their knowledge and amending processes to keep aligned with customer design guideline changes.
- Your expertise will contribute towards commercial discussions with the Accounts team and the Customer and ASP's
- Responsible for short and long-term profitable business by being part of or working closely with the Core team to translate the customer need and technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions and proposals. Supports the Consultants during requirement analysis and high-level design phases.
- Lead the team responsible for scope, defining and designing solution offerings, driving end-to-end technical solutions
- As a SME, analyse customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Work with core team on list of potential activities and solutions
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
Support deployment of solution
- AS a SME, provide design solutions and guidance on blocked site designs and conversing with Internal/External customers to unblock these problematic site designs.
- Provide expert feedback to R&D where relevant
- Actively participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing to teams, Internal and External
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.