AWS Dev Ops/Technical Infrastructure Analyst- £65,000 per annum - Coventry
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Etonwood
We have a requirement for an AWS Cloud Architect/Cloud Infrastructure Technical Analyst for a reputable client within the manufacturing industry.
- Accountable for the availability, reliability, maintenance and service operation of the IT cloud infrastructure services that underpin the application landscape to agreed Service Levels, considering the commercial implications to ensure efficient service offering, This includes AWS/Cloud Services and associated technologies ie
- OS Layer
- Azure Services
- Google Cloud Services
- Environment Management
- Monitoring & Alerting
- Accountable for the health of these services, resolving problems and incidents, delivering maintenance plans for patching, software components (where required) to maintain supportability.
- Accountable for associated outsourced Service Providers' performance against agreed Service Levels.
- Providing technical assurance across the IS Technology Services estate, ensuring Change Management Process is adhered to and Changes are technically validated to protect live service.
- Providing technical input to projects and programmes to ensure technical suitability, this will involve configuration activities, design reviews, input into UAT & OAT testing, service transition into enduring support.
- Inputting into technical standards for related technology/infrastructure and strategic decisions.
- Accountable for maintaining and safeguarding the security and safety of Technology Services in line with security policies and standards.
- Working with third party service providers to ensure operational availability of cloud services.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Educated to degree level in computing or similar discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training (with vendor certification), and experience.
- Minimum AWS Associate level qualification, Professional preferred. Azure administrator certification.
- Extensive experience in IT, with strong experience in a second/third line support role in medium to large company, with significant technical delivery/support responsibility. Deep technical knowledge to Expert level of subject matter.
- A solid understanding of DevOps in a cloud environment.
- ITIL Foundation (minimum).
- Experience of working under PRINCE2 and AGILE Project Management Methodologies.
- Experience of configuring, implementing, developing, and supporting complex solutions. Evidence of vendor/stakeholder management qualities.
- Experience of supporting mission critical systems, with a good knowledge of system technologies, monitoring tools, processes and incident handling in a 24x7x365 support environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications. Communicates with internal teams at all organisational levels and third-party providers.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills with colleagues, partners/vendors & project sponsors.
- Strong operational background with experience in analytical thinking, problem solving, decision-making and technical management of faults and changes.
- Technical and visionary skills needed to interpret business processes and define Technology/infrastructure/business requirements to support architectural decisions, and understand the impact on support
- Deep technical knowledge [one of] the following technologies to Expert' level:
o Public Cloud Architecture, AWS and Azure, and associated tools and technologies (EC2, ELB, RDS, E3)
Server operating systems administration and maintenance, including Microsoft and Linux
o Experience and understanding of automation and tools, including Ansible
- IaC using tools like CloudFormation
- Monitoring technologies (Nimsoft/Dynatrace/AWS CloudWatch).
- Strong knowledge of script development and Scripting languages (Powershell)
- Shared Services ie Active Directory, Middleware, Printing, Certificate Management
Technical knowledge of the following areas:
- Networks, Communication and Voice Technologies ie SDN, Zscaler, Cisco
- Database technologies
- SaaS Based applications and integration ie O365, Click FSE, SAP Ariba, Concur
- End User Compute (EUC)
- VMware IT Security.
- Storage and Back up Technologies