AWS Data Engineer - London - Hybrid - £110,000
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Databuzz Ltd
AWS Data Engineer - Python - PySpark - London - Hybrid - 110K
DataBuzz are recruiting a AWS Data Engineer - Python - PySpark on behalf of a prestigious organisation, who is looking for someone with data engineering experience to help lay the groundwork for market leading data analysis and experimentation in the sporting landscape.
As a AWS Data Engineer - Python - PySpark, you will work closely with data scientists, with responsibilities including not limited to cleaning, transforming, and aggregating data; compiling and installing database systems; writing complex queries; scaling to multiple machines; and putting disaster- recovery systems in place.
As a AWS Data Engineer - Python - PySpark you will be contributing to the development and deployment of new and existing products, you'll write high-quality code that allows us to put solutions into production and take part in code reviews and paired-programming sessions.
As a AWS Data Engineer - Python - PySpark you will be working as part of an enthusiastic and passionate analytics team to deliver insights and analyses to some of the world's largest sporting teams, leagues and broadcasters.
- AWS cloud technologies for ETL pipeline, data warehouse and data lake design/building and data movement
- Designing, building, and maintaining large scale data solutions and applications using AWS data and analytics services (or open-source equivalent)
- Experience in Python development (data curation and data validation)
- Should have expertise in using python packages like Pandas.
- Design and build pipelies to convert pandas dataframes into Pyspark
- Hands on experience in handling different types of files using Python/Pyspark
- Good understanding of databases and SQL
- Ability to advocate using the right tech for the right task- you'll be up to date with the latest technologies and ensure we make the relevant changes when needed
- Agile methodology and Azure DevOps
- Passion for and knowledge of several sporting codes, including rugby, cricket, football and motor racing.