IT Application Support
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Eclipse I.T. Recruitment
Our clients are looking for a IT application Support Officer to work closely with business units in order to support them in the use of applications software; ensuring the configuration of IT Applications meet business process requirements; proactively seeking to identify where efficiencies and improvements can be made and assist in their implementation; help to minimise incidents and problems and develop robust solutions to address them.
- Provide support and guidance for application users to ensure that the business' application systems supported by the IT Team are maintained to the highest possible standard.
- Examine application functionality and performance and provide information about how it can be improved to assist business units in making the best use of their line of business applications within their processing activities.
- Working with colleagues across the business to understand new business requirements; Propose and specify technical solutions to meet changing business needs.
- Identify and document change requirements and information flows to enable the generation of solution proposals and designs.
- Provide support for application configuration and upgrades.
- Undertake application incident investigation, problem analysis and resolution for application issues in conjunction with the users and application suppliers.
- Liaising with external support partners to resolve issues.
- Implement IT application projects; working with team members and external partners as required. Participate in producing implementation plans, testing regimes, user acceptance and training.
- Produce and maintain relevant technical support documentation and user training materials.
- Maintain interfaces, exports and imports, and ensure their smooth running where required.
- Work in accordance with IT Service Desk procedural guidelines to ensure consistent, high-quality standards for all tasks.
- Support great teamwork and communication throughout the IT team and wider business to create a positive and professional work environment and deliver excellent services to our colleagues and customers.
- To carry out any other duties and responsibilities which, within the scope of this post, may be allocated by the IT Manager or authorised representative.
- To raise relevant purchase orders for authorisation on behalf of the company in accordance with Financial Regulations and Standing Orders by following departmental and organisational procedures.
- To observe and comply with the organisations financial/fraud management policies/procedures.
- To adopt a high standard of personal administration skills whilst managing and maintaining records and files so that these can be readily produced for audit purposes.
- Confident user of Office software applications, including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office 365 application suite,
- Microsoft SharePoint,
- Microsoft Teams
- Experience of data extracts and data manipulation using applications such Excel.
- Experience of administering and supporting business applications, including but not limited to:
- Finance Systems
- HR Systems
- Experience of technical IT issues and using appropriate language to enable discussions with internal colleagues and external technical specialists.
- Experience of supplier negotiations, working with and getting the most from software vendors.
- Design and production of IT requirement specifications and technical documentation.
- Good communication, facilitation and influencing skills, which can be applied to driving improvement and change. An awareness of customer needs and the commitment to continually improve the service provided.
- Able to gather and assimilate information with good problem-solving skills able to think ahead and anticipate problems and issues, and design appropriate solutions.
- Able to communicate complex technical ideas in a straightforward way to both technical experts, and colleagues at all levels within the business. Skilled at active listening, and providing clear and coherent answers.
- Proven involvement in projects from identifying needs, offering and delivering solutions into a business, working within project management and change control approaches.
- Credibility to work with and challenge colleagues at different levels within the business and their service delivery processes, while maintaining constructive working relationships.
- Committed to excellent service delivery and the ability to deliver customer outcomes.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills both in regard to own workload and activities required to support the team. Ability to multi-task, handle high workloads in a busy working environment.
- Excellent team member, who is able to participate, contribute ideas and support fellow colleagues at all times in ensuring a successful operational team.
- Driven to succeed. Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop as technologies evolve. Provides evidence of continuing professional development.
- Willingness to work flexibly on occasions to get the job done .
- A customer-centric, positive, can-do attitude.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience of administering and supporting business applications in a Social Housing setting.
- Experience of Iris Cascade HR systems
- Experience of Infor SunAccounts finance systems.
- Has an awareness of SQL and reporting tools such as Microsoft SSRS, PowerBI and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Project management experience.