In-House Legal Counsel
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by LHH Recruitment Solutions
Birmingham, United Kingdom
£70k - £80k Annual
- Provision of commercial support to the cyber security part of the business including the development of standard terms and conditions, processes and procedures, training and support for sales team and senior managers
- Pro-active support to the acquisition and transformation teams to support the acquisition process and to support the new acquisitions transitioning into the Group
- Managing the efficient disposal of any litigation entered into or against any of the group companies whether in the UK or overseas, effective management of external counsel and insurers and efficient and timely advice to the Board
- Project work to support the CSR programme and compliance uplift activity for current business and new acquisitions.
Skills experience and qualifications:
- Admitted to practice law in England and Wales
- Minimum of 3 years in an in house environment, preferably in a services business with some private practice experience at a leading law firm
- Experience working for a global or multi-national organisation or law firm would be an advantage
- Significant experience in the management of complex litigation, preferably with experience of regulator lead actions.
- B2B contract experience is highly advantageous
- Significant experience of drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts, including frameworks, consultancy agreements, amendments to standard terms and conditions and NDA's. Experience of ESG sectors would be an advantage
- Experience of working with senior leaders within a business and delivering training
- Strong business partnering capability- demonstrable experience of working with growth businesses to implement and realise strong governance/commercial practices
- Capable of managing multiple time critical projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a must as is a strong EQ. This role will see its incumbent working with businesses in different sectors:- from cyber security to business assurance, inspection and testing and certification; at different stages of their evolution, different cultures and approaches.