Head of SW Development
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Ark Talent Ltd
The Head of Software Development ensures software development activities are delivered efficiently, on-time and to scope.
The role provides leadership and line management to a team of in-house developers to ensure appropriate processes, tool-sets and governance are implemented.
The role requires the holder to manage and prioritise multiple simultaneous work streams, operating to tight schedules in a demanding environment, eliminating barriers and delivering on time and to budget.
- Prior management experience within software development environment
- Prior experience transforming a development function - ideally within an Agile environment
- Builds and maintains effective contacts with key business stakeholders
- Leads and inspires a development team, maintaining open and honest communications
- Experience building and growing capability within a team, including previous experience of handling employee reviews, consultations, and improvement plans
- Technically adept - development experience within a LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) would be ideal
- Monitoring and reporting on progress to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to work in complex environments, dealing with ambiguity
This is an onsite role, so please only apply if you are open to work in Brighton 60-80%.