Lead Network Engineer - Knaresborough - £70,000
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by The Bridge Ltd
My client a leading company based in Knaresborough are searching for a Lead Network Engineer.
As the Lead Network Engineer your key focus will be on Cisco, F5 and Checkpoint technologies.
As part of our infrastructure project team, you will build and support infrastructure solutions to meet the requirements of our business owners and customers.
You will be working in an agile and cross-functional team delivering products and services across on-premise, hybrid cloud and cloud architecture; and is dedicated to continuous service improvement and technical innovation.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP
- Strong knowledge of dynamic routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF
- Strong knowledge of all major switching technologies including HSRP, STP, VLANs, trunking etc.
- Strong knowledge of other protocols such as GRE, GET, IP-SEC, Multicast and QoS.
- Understanding of recent technologies such as OTV and VX-LAN
- Cisco IOS and NX-OS operating systems
- Cisco ISR and ASR series Routers
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switches
- F5 LTM
- Checkpoint Firewalls
- Packet sniffing and analysis with tools such as Wireshark
Experience or knowledge in the following areas would also be valued:
- Exposure to AWS including self-learning.
- Appreciation of DevOps and Agile working methodologies
If this sounds something of interest, please apply with your up to date CV for immediate consideration.