Software Engineer - Scala/Play/ETL (Outside IR35)
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by People Source Consulting Ltd
Peoplesource Consulting are seeking a Software Engineer with a background in Scala, Play and ETL to take on a 6-month contract role with a Central London based Government client.
The programme aim is to Develop iterations of a consolidated pan-archival catalogue to meet users' needs, including services/APIs in Scala (Play) and ETL processes.
The specialist will work with a Technical Architect and two RDF Developers. The core in-house team is the Service Owner, Product Manager/Data Analyst, Delivery Manager, a Senior Archivist, and the Head of Cataloguing, Taxonomy and Data. The specialists will also work with a wider group of users including archivists and editors across the organisation responsible for the management of the catalogue.
We are developing a Pan-Archival Catalogue and management system, bringing together record descriptions from multiple catalogues into a single new system. You will join a Technical Architect and two other Scala and RDF developers to work on multiple iterations of the Beta development.
We will be continuing with the Extract, Transform and Load process and will be developing services in Scala, using Play Framework for the Front End, to enable users to search, select, add, edit, import, export and delete data via a UI. We will be developing further API services to enable integration between the Catalogue and other internal systems.
Essential skills and experience:
- Have experience with using standards-based ontologies/vocabularies, such as W3C PROV data model and Dublin Core
- Have experience of working with graph databases (for example AWS Neptune), SPARQL, and validating RDF data (for example using RDF SHACL).
- Have experience, knowledge and understanding of building Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes
- Have experience, knowledge of Scala and an understanding of working with mixed content in the context of large, semi-structured datasets
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Have experience developing a user interface/Front End to support non-expert, editorial engagement with graph data
- Experience of using Play Framework
- Up to £600pd (Outside of IR35)
- Fully remote working
If you closely match the skills and experience outlined and would like to be considered for this role, please respond to this advert or email - (see below)
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas.